iphone possibly has faulty chip

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davidlw, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidlw macrumors 6502a

I just read on one of the tech sites that the iPhone may have a faulty chip causing some of the problems. I am only repeating what I read on a tech email so I have no idea if this is true but I bet that it will be investigated.

2. GNice macrumors 6502

Errr...ummm...that's been discussed quite a bit here already. Several threads already exists. But thx for willingness to share. :)

3. davidlw thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry, I just got the email this afternoon. I will look for the other threads.

4. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    Yup, lotsa threads about this. Looks like (hopefully?) a software update will fix it instead of a (gulp) recall?

5. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

As it comes from Richard Windsor there might not be any defect to begin with. This is the same guy that said the touch screens were going to break down too and proceeded to wrongly explain how the touch screen works.

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Which is what I said in the first place. It's an analyst with no inside info.

It's very likely poorly tuned software, OR, the simple fact that those of us on AT&T have known for a long time, but most iPhone users have refused to accept: the 3G network isn't fully deployed yet, and will take time to mature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.