Iphone power adapter question!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by imHappy, Jan 2, 2012.

1. imHappy macrumors regular

Hey guys,

The thing is that i forgot my power adapter alone in my beach house. Lima has quite a humid weather and to be honest:

1. I think i left the power adapter plugged. Can it damage it since i will return bext week?

2. I also dont remember if i close the window. In the case the window is semi-opened(or close), can the humidity OR sea breeze spoil the ac adapter or moreover, could potencially damage my beloved iPhone when charging it next week?!

Ps. Im certainly very OCD with this device, sorry if this question sounds stupid yet i would like to be sure or else i would just buy another adapter just to be sure

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

If you can't return to retrieve the charger then visit an apple store and buy a new one and write the other off although I'm not convinced what you describe will cause it to fail.

3. imHappy thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry if i was not clear.
    Basically i go to y beach house every weekend and i simply forgot my ac adapter in there.

My question is basically. Would leavig the adapter plugged for 1 week could damage it? And second, does the beach envioroment could also damage the adapter since its pretty humid.

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I leave my iPhone wall adapter plugged in all the time with no issue.

Now if your iPhone was hooked upto it then that's another scenario.

Manufacturers recommend that their product is used within certain parameters regarding weather conditions. Check out apples website for more info.

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Wouldn't worry about an iPhone being plugged in all the time it charges the battery then lives off the adapter to save the battery overcharging.

Op dot worry about your charge it'll be fine. If you dropped it I the sea then expect issues. However a little humidity won't kill it.

6. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

And it doesn't care if it's attached to AC power or not.

7. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Your charger will be fine. You on the other hand should repeat this 1000 times:

I will not obsess over small trivial things in life. Doing so is harmful and a waste of time.

8. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Let's think about this logically for a second. Do you have things plugged in at your beach house? Do you use electricity there in general? Are all of these things working properly, and more importantly not causing you stress over whether they will spontaneously combust? The iPhone isn't going to be any different. :)

9. imHappy thread starter macrumors regular

Thx for the replies guys!

My ocd is decreasing hopefully.

To be honest i dont care about the adapter, i care for my iphone obviously. The thing is, in the case the adapter gets "humid" or spoil in it inside, when i charging it to the iphone, would there be any risk of damaging the iphone through the adapter?

Just this question to solve my current ocd hahaa