Iphone power/sleep button went in abit. Need Help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ShellShock47, Aug 16, 2009.

1. ShellShock47 macrumors newbie

So a week ago i got my 3GS and i got a speck candyshell case to protect it. After a week, i took the case off and noticed that my power button on the top right had been pushed in a bit. My volume has also been pushed in slightly. I can still use the buttons but it is kinda hard pushing them down since they are already pushed down. My warranty is not over and could i get it fixed if i take it to the apple store?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I would see what the Apple Store says. Just don't mention anything about a case. :)

3. ShellShock47 thread starter macrumors newbie

Will they replace it or fix it? and why cant i say anything about the case? They will think its my fault and do nothing?

If i restore my phone will they know its jailbroken?

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

I wouldn't mention the case because you never know what they'd say, they might want to blame the case. They would just replace it. Before you take it in there I would do a DFU restore to 3.0.1 to erase any traces of jailbreaking.

5. ShellShock47 thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright thanks, Im probably heading there tomorrow. I'll say i started noticing these buttons to go down a bit and i didn't want them to go down any further and ask them for help. Ok a "DFU" Restore? is that the same as plugging in ur phone and going to itunes to do a restore? if not, can you give me a link? Appreciate the help. And should i do a backup to my original settings or a new backup?

Should i just bring the phone ?

6. ShellShock47 thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright thanks gunna do that tonight. Btw 1 last thing.
    I live in canada and so i got my Iphone from a Rogers store. Will they still replace it or something? Do i have to bring warranty stuff?

7. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

The warranty follows the phone. You can check warranty status on Apple's website under the support section. Are you taking it to an Apple store in Canada?

8. ShellShock47 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, i live in canada, Rogers store is where i got my iphone 3gs (also in canada). And yes im bringing it to a Canadian apple store. So i guess i will just bring my phone?

9. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

Yep, as long as your sim card is in the phone, you should have no problem with them looking at it. :)

10. ShellShock47 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok um last question i hope.

Like i said, the power button, volume are abit in, is there a chance they will say "its fine, u can still use it" ? or "no we cant bcz u can still press it"?

Yes u can still press the button, but there pushed in abit and its kinda hard to push them to get them to work. U think they will accept it?

Edit: i just rememberd. The sim card i use now was from my Iphone 3G which i bought 1 year ago. I took the sim card out of that and put it in my new 3gs does it still work?

11. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

Play dumb and say that it has been sinking in since you got it, and is gradually worsening (which I'm sure it could). Remember to be polite, and they will be more willing to help you out. :eek:

12. ShellShock47 thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright thanks a lot. I'll say i've been using it normally and havent dropped it or anything. Wish me luck.