iphone pranks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by frunkis54, Jun 5, 2010.

1. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

Is it just me or does anyone else like to mess with your friends that keep there iphone password protected. if you get ahold of there phone and put the wrong password in enough times so it erases :)

2. Marty Macfly macrumors regular

That seems to me like a very irresponsible and childish action. :(

3. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

I like to take their iPhones, hit their facebook app (they never log out) and post things like "That rash on my sack is back".

4. frunkis54 thread starter macrumors 65816

frunkis54

yeah thats always good too.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, I don't mess with my friends stuff.

6. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/7E18)

It is childish.……

OP, if you have this much time on your hands, perhaps you should try educating your mind by reading a book. ;)

7. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

Because people who read don't have a sense of humor?

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not everyone enables that feature where it erases everything after 10 consecutive failed password attempts.
    But if they havent synced/backed up their iphone recently they have to restore, sync everything back and can lose alot of valuable information that was on the iphone prior.
    Not a cool prank.

9. No ice please macrumors 6502

No thats not right op. I still find it annoying when people ask to see my phone just to play games.

10. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Please raise your hand if.....

You are over 14. You may be excused now.

11. nateharr macrumors 6502

Wait, so only those younger than 14 are allowed on this thread now?

I don't understand your logic...

OP, I know in my case I often download songs, applications, and movies worth sometimes up to $75 before I can sync to a computer again. Thankfully I don't have the setting engaged to erase my iPhone after 10 failed login attempts.

Still it's a very immature thing. I have, in the past, failed to login to a friend's iPhone before and it got locked down for 5 minutes or so. It was funny watching her try to login again. But that is as far as anyone should go.

Deleting people's data isn't cool.

12. outphase macrumors 65816

I'll lean toward the 2nd option. If you're going to play a childish prank, don't destroy anything in the process. That's just cruel.

13. frunkis54 thread starter macrumors 65816

frunkis54

only if the book has lots of pictures or maybe a good pop up book.:D

14. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Let me just say that my old college dorm roommate did stuff like that to me a lot of times. I password protected my MBP so once the display goes to sleep, you have to put my password in to get back in. I did that because he would do stupid stuff to Safari, etc. Then he learned that if you put in the wrong password enough times, the computer went to sleep. No matter how many times I said to stop it, he kept on doing it. One day he had his computer downloading a movie and I closed the lid to his laptop. Let me just say, he never messed with my things again.

You don't like when people mess with your stuff, why do you think others will be ok when you mess with theirs? It's beyond immature.

15. androiphone macrumors 65816

OP how much time do you have, AFAIK the first couple of tries can be done straight away but then they increase in time you can attempt a code I'm pretty sure the last few times are 30mins apart

like this shows you

16. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I'm 99.9% sure there's an App for that! :D

17. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Then you should let your friend erase your computer. Even.

18. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

Let me just add: I totally agree with you. I only play pranks on those who like to play pranks as well. And I didn't know that what the op did could erase anyone's data. That's not nice. But if you have a sense of humor and play pranks yourself..... why don't you list your favorite mac/iPhone HARMLESS jokes here. I could use a new one....

19. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

That's great! I like to get ahold of my friends iPhones and smash them to bits with a lump hammer...oh the look on their faces when they come back to see their phone in bits! its so funny, I also like to get ahold of their car pour petrol in thru the window and watch it burn and explode! its hilarious.

I also like to get a tactical 7.62mm Steyr rifle and .....oh never mind.

20. frunkis54 thread starter macrumors 65816

frunkis54

well thats why i use time capsule and keep an additional backup just incase.

21. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

Very childish thing to do. I mean how would YOU like it if your buddies did that to you?

Besides don't you have anything better to do then to go around and mess with peoples iphones? I see the kind of life you live and for that I fell sorry for you.

Simple. If your 14 or younger GTFO.
    but why would you hand your phone to your friends just for them to play around with it and mess it up?

If its not cool then why did you do it? You may have not deleted anything but you still messed with her stuff. that alone falls in the same catergory.

22. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

So you let other people use your computer?

I agree you should always back up, but thats only for HD failures. If you have friends who could delete your stuff then I would sugest rethinking how good a "friend" they are.

REAL friends dont mess with their friends stuff.

23. frunkis54 thread starter macrumors 65816

frunkis54

i do let friends use my computer but not on my main account or my admin account. i have another user set up for them to use.

24. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

Dude, I said share your HARMLESS practical jokes. Do you know how much data could be lost if you smash a phone with a hammer?

25. RichL macrumors 6502

So you don't trust your friends....you friends obviously have no reason in ****ing hell to trust you.

Great "friendships" eh?

You disgust me.