iPhone pre-order, shipping?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 007dav91, Sep 15, 2011.

1. 007dav91 macrumors member

does anybody remember with the iPhone 4 pre order if apple allowed you to ship the iPhone to a different address other then the billing address, i can't remember and if the iPhone is released on the rumoured date of october 15th i will be at university away from home so i need to change by address at my bank if apple won't allow for a different shipping address.

2. jwingfie macrumors 6502a

jwingfie

I'm on a family plan with my parents, and my Verizon iPhone 4 was shipped to the billing address (my parents house). That doesn't mean it can't be done though.

3. Epic Xbox Revie macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

4. 007dav91 thread starter macrumors member

i remember here in the UK for the iPhone 4, i think i remember seeing something during the pre order process, it saying for security reasons the iPhone can only be shipped to the billing address. but i can't remember, i might just change my address to be sure.

5. tann macrumors 68000

Normally with large orders from a lot of sites they only will ship them to the billing address for security reasons or something. This was the case with my iPod touch 32GB a few years ago (~£280 from Apple), my newest 360 last feb (~£230 from GAME), my lost premium box set (~£150 from Amazon UK).

I'm pretty sure they don't let you ship to an alternate address.