iPhone Pre-Order Stats

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bcroft686, Sep 12, 2016.

1. bcroft686 macrumors member

bcroft686

Just found this image in /r/iPhone - interesting stuff.

[​IMG]

2. ideal.dreams, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016

ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Awesome, always neat to see stuff like this. Crazy that less than half of the people that preordered will be getting their phones on launch day (according to the delivery windows, anyway)

Thanks for sharing.

3. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Reddit. Obviously the data is biased because it wasn't a sample of the general public, but interesting to see nonetheless since the people over at /r/iPhone are fanatics much like ourselves.

4. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

It's not like people are Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaat different than us fanatics, are they? ;)

5. Savor Suspended

Savor

The matte black pretty much looks like the "space black" render I saw back in early July.

[​IMG]

It is the jet black that surprised me because the rumors for it didn't start to leak until the final two weeks leading up to the official announcement. I wasn't really paying much attention to this "glossy black" iPhone 7 because I was too busy getting ticked off at Samsung for doing the battery recall. It got magnified too much from the Note7 hype while many phones before the Note7 was released have exploded before. It was just Samsung owing up to it.

But everytime I look at this popular and hard-to-find jet black, I get mesmerized by it. Maybe if I see it in person, I might go, nah! Matte black. But there is something about not giving a damn about scratches and fingerprints with the jet black and flashing its shine everywhere I go. Pure hotness. Just go caseless and go buck wild naked! Yes, the matte black will look cleaner. But it just seems dull. If it were a couple shades darker, maybe it would just as hot. But it isn't. A hue of the space blue render but more of a fairly darker space gray. Basically, the space black render. But the jet black seems to surpass it in promo shots.

By far, the jet black and black 7 are the best options that ever came from the heavily critcized 6-like design series. I used to think the 5 series was the pinnacle for iPhone design but I am like 5s/SE, huh? This harks us back to the black iPhone 4/4s. A true black rear with the jet black. No dual tone front and back. I think either black option, you're a winner thanks to covering up the antenna line ugliness. I do find it hilarious watching Jony Ive talk about the 9-step precision design process for over three minutes only for Apple to have a disclaimer on its site stating that it scratches easily!

At least Apple listened and stopped offering us girly colors, right Lord Vader?

[​IMG]

This site was fairly spot-on with the render two months ago.

https://9to5mac.com/2016/06/28/iphone-7-dark-space-black-color-poll/

[​IMG]