iPhone Pre-Order with different shipping address?

Xscapes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 16, 2011
New York
I will pre-order the iPhone X with my friend's Verizon account via Apple. The address on the Verizon account and my billing address and the shipping address is all different. Has anyone else pre-order like this before?

imfunny

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2009
Idaho
I will pre-order the iPhone X with my friend's Verizon account via Apple. The address on the Verizon account and my billing address and the shipping address is all different. Has anyone else pre-order like this before?
So last year's pre-order, I signed up for IUP and they could only send it to the billing address on the wireless account.

This year when I went through the pre-pre-order, I was able to select my address...so we'll see! Hopefully it doesn't slow down the process!

edit: worth noting that this is only for IUP, it may be different for other purchase methods.

Xscapes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 16, 2011
New York
So last year's pre-order, I signed up for IUP and they could only send it to the billing address on the wireless account.

This year when I went through the pre-pre-order, I was able to select my address...so we'll see! Hopefully it doesn't slow down the process!

edit: worth noting that this is only for IUP, it may be different for other purchase methods.
Thanks for the reply. I plan to buy in full price.

gabo864

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
I remember when I preordered the iPhone 6, I was on my in-laws plan with my wife and so the iPhone was supposed to go to their house, I contacted Apple right after I placed my pre-order and they changed the address over the phone. I asked if it would affect the delivery date and they said that because I called soon enough that I wouldn’t affect my delivery date at all. I got my iPhone on release day.

I’m tempted to try the same thing this year. The address associated with my wireless service is my home address and I want it shipped to my office because no one will be at home that day.

Is it possible to contact Fedex or UPS after the phone has been shipped and pick it up at their store?