iPhone pre-ordering?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joshysquashy, Sep 20, 2007.

1. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

When the iPhone was launched in the US, was there some form of pre-ordering or anything?

Also, for those who queued up on the launch day, were there any special deals for the first few?

2. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

Nope, they actually just stood us all in a circle and had a big pit filled with iPhones. And when it hit midnight we had to run into the pit to get an iPhone, if you came out with one, or alive, you were lucky. That place where iDay took place is now called South Dakota. Nothing really lives there, kind of just a big open space that is all but abandoned.

I'm sure you have a place like that there. I could be wrong, its been known to happen.

3. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

I spoke to a contact at Apple's European Headquarters in Ireland yesterday, and there is no way that an order can be placed for a U.K. iPhone until the 9th of November.

That is the present position anyway.

4. joe8232 macrumors regular

I went into the Carphone Warehouse yesterday and asked about pre-ordering and the chap I spoke to said right now there is no system for pre-ordering it is just turn up on the day. But he did say also they are having training next week and it could all change after that. He also said that the iPhone release was 'going to be big, really big!' :D

5. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Let's hope so. Would save having to queue!

6. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

We had one in Chicago called iPhone Hunt. You purchased not an iPhone but a set of clues to lead you to ones hidden all over the city. If you couldn't find it, well, that's the breaks...

Then I heard something taking place in New Mexico about an iPhone Survivor...

7. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

Lmao:D omg i needed that laugh.....whoo hoo!

8. timmillwood macrumors 6502a

i really want one but dont know where to Q.

Smaller shops may have less stock, but may have less people Q'ing. The larger stores may have cool offers, but that may only be Regent Street, maybe i should take the 4hr trip to london on 8th!

9. joshysquashy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Did local (smaller) A&T shops have stock on launch day? Were there queues outside them on launch day?

I am NOT staying out all night in a queue for an iPhone! Thats crazy! But I'm prepared to wait a few hours in a queue, as long as I get one! :rolleyes:

10. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

With Apple doubling production in the run up to Christmas (and the expensive tariffs) my guess is that there will be plenty available.

http://www.macuser.co.uk/?news/news_story.php?id=125667