iPhone predictions for June 11?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BoughtAAPL@4.00, May 14, 2007.

  1. BoughtAAPL@4.00 macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 14, 2007
    #1
    Anyone care to make bold predictions? I throw out these to get the guessing game rolling.

    1. Jobs will announce that the first iPhones can be upgraded to 3G at no charge or for a minimal fee at a later date. This removes the "wait for the 3G" barrier to purchase. Probability: 50%

    2. The phone will permit wireless login to your .Mac account to exchange files, or possibly even your own Mac (as long as it runs Leopard and is turned on). Probability: 50%

    3. Positioning system technology (not necessarily GPS, but based on cell tower triangulation). Probability at release: 15%. Probability within 1 year: 85%.

    4. AAPL stock up 12%, but more because of Leopard, which, among other features will include as its focus a capacitive input device - a wireless "buttonless" object that with virtual buttons that can configured for any use, using the same gestures used in iPhone navigation, but extensible to any other use such as remote control, game controller, etc. Similar to the Synaptics Onyx concept (see http://www.synaptics.com/onyx/). Probability of the stock rise: 75%, Leopard input prediction: 72.5%.

    My username is correct. Bought AAPL at 4.00 10 years ago = 250% per year!
     
  2. buymeaniphone macrumors 6502

    buymeaniphone

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2007
    Location:
    San Antonio, Texas
    #2
    Man I wish I had your portfolio! By the way, my username is also correct, I want you to buy me an iPhone :rolleyes:

    I think you've made some bold predictions for the iPhone. I hope your guess about 3G is accurate, that would really suck to buy the iPhone in June and then 6 months later version 2 comes out with 3G and your stuck with EDGE. I think the GPS idea could work but I dont really think I was utilize it much.
     
  3. MacbookSwitcher macrumors 6502

    MacbookSwitcher

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2007
    #3
    I believe the iPhone, like Leopard, has features that have not yet been revealed to the public. We will see them at launch. People will be wowed.
     
  4. twoodcc macrumors P6

    twoodcc

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2005
    Location:
    Right side of wrong
    #4
    i hope this is true
     
  5. JW008 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2005
    #5
    Have I miss some information about the iPhone coming out on June 11 or is that just a prediction?

    I read the AT+T memo that said NO ONE knows the exact date yet...I just wish the people at my local Cingular store weren't so sure about June 15.

    I played one of my favorite games of going to down to the Cingular store and acting like an idiot when it comes to the iPhone to see what they'll tell me. I finally asked them today where they heard the June 15 date from and they told me that it was from corporate. Who knows...just adding my $.02.
     
  6. archurban macrumors 6502a

    archurban

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2004
    Location:
    San Francisco, CA
    #6
    I don't remember where I red it. but local cingular manager said that it will be out June 29th. they will ship it on june 28th.
     
  7. BoughtAAPL@4.00 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 14, 2007
    #7
    It is the next time Steve Jobs talks in public about product plans. The event is the keynote speech at the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference, http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/events/

    Although it is anticipated that Jobs will talk at length about Leopard (and reveal the promised "secret features"), he will, as always, give a quick roundup of other Apple thrust areas. This must, of course, include the iPhone, which will ship by the end of June. Therefore, one can reasonably expect him to include any new information on the product that has developed since revealing it several months ago. Maybe not a demo (although if there is a cool integration with Leopard, perhaps a short one), but he will certainly talk about it.

    This event will probably not be web broadcast in real time, but Mac sites such as this will offer near real-time feeds of what's going on as it happens. And at the same time, Apple will issue press releases as each new noteworthy item is discussed.
     
  8. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

    MovieCutter

    Joined:
    May 3, 2005
    Location:
    Washington, DC
    #8


    Wow, bought Apple stock at $4 huh? Had to broadcast that to the world? You must think you're hot stuff.
     
  9. Clarence macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2007
    Location:
    a mud puddle with a toyota sign in it
    #9

    I couldn't agree more. What an a$$.
     
  10. yetieater macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 6, 2007
    Location:
    USA
    #10
    Not having much luck with your portfolio?

    Let the man say what he wants to say.
     
  11. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2006
    #11
    I dreamt about the iPhone lastnight. It was pretty cool. I guess I have been thinking about it way too much. You could push or pull on the sides of the iPhone and change the size from about a 2" square up to 8x10 and the screen would change with it. Could use it as a ebook or small mp3 player. Way to weird but cool.
     
  12. Jayrod macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2006
    Location:
    Arizona
    #12
    The keyword there is "LOCAL manager". In other words, I wouldn't believe a word of what that peon says. There was also a posting of some "AT&T associate" who said that the iPhone isn't coming out anymore. In all reality, they don't know anymore than we all do - in fact, we may know more than they do if we are all so desperate for iPhone news as to be on message boards about it! I'm an iPhone nerd and proud of it!!!
     
  13. BoughtAAPL@4.00 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 14, 2007
    #13
    Wow, my first day in the Forums and I have already elicited an ad hominem attack. I must be doing something right. Like carefully following Apple for the last 10 years with my money where my mouth is.

    Maybe I can raise my street cred if I hawk a canceled TV show in my signature file - OK, that was low, I admit it. I apologize.
     
  14. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

    MovieCutter

    Joined:
    May 3, 2005
    Location:
    Washington, DC
    #14
    Yeah, Studio 60 must have just been too smart for you. I bought AAPL at $10, so I guess I'm not as cool as you are. Oh well, I'll live I guess.
     
  15. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

    MovieCutter

    Joined:
    May 3, 2005
    Location:
    Washington, DC
    #15
    Wow...just...wow...
     
  16. BoughtAAPL@4.00 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 14, 2007
    #16
    Sounds like Mr. Whoopee's 3-dimensional blackboard from the old Tennessee Tuxedo cartoon (man, you have to be old to remember that one; see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_Tuxedo_and_His_Tales)

    Picture of the 3DBB, which resized exactly as you describe is here: http://reviews.goldenagecartoons.com/tuxedo/tuxedo3dbb.jpg

    More modern take on it here: http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable-media/fold+up-dvd-player-concept-172168.php
     
  17. sportsfanMAW macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2006
    #17

    Ha yea i dreamt about it the other night too. Except it was normal and my friend who is an apple fan but doesn't have a mac had one and he let me borrow it while i went to 6th period. It was amazing!


    And hey i can always not pay attention in english and play with an iphone right? lol
     
  18. puckhead193 macrumors G3

    puckhead193

    Joined:
    May 25, 2004
    Location:
    NY
    #18
    i think that too. Its seems like almost any smart phone can do what does, play music/movies, check mail, SMS etc.... something needs to push it over the edge
     
  19. ajs5189 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2007
    Location:
    Pennsylvania
    #19
    more memory for the same price would be a nice surprise!
     
  20. sportsfanMAW macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2006
    #20
    i'd rather see same memory for lower price lol
    but maybe that's cause im a teenager and can barely afford it even with a job :p
     
  21. Counterfit macrumors G3

    Counterfit

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2003
    Location:
    sitting on your shoulder
    #21
    Fixed. A location finding system is required by law.
     
  22. emotion macrumors 68040

    emotion

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2004
    Location:
    Manchester, UK
    #22
    I predict a 1200 post whiney thread about the iphone on release.
     
  23. rdowns macrumors Penryn

    rdowns

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2003
    #23
    1,200 is way to low. Will hit 5,000 easy.
     
  24. emotion macrumors 68040

    emotion

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2004
    Location:
    Manchester, UK
    #24
    Yeah, I forget a couple of thousand of posts about how it's delayed Leopard.
     
  25. rayward macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2007
    Location:
    Houston, TX
    #25
    OS X w/widgets and a full browser aren't enough? (Ignoring the fact that it's a proper iPod with the best interface ever.)
     

Share This Page