iPhone Preorder Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rockonz, Sep 23, 2017.

1. rockonz macrumors newbie

I am looking to preorder an iPhone X through Verizon but I do not have a Verizon account. I have T-Mobile.

If i borrow a friends Verizon account and preorder it through apples website paying in full using a 1-time payment,

1. Do I need to tie the phone to a number on the Verizon account?
    2. Does me preording a phone affect the Verizon account at all?

Any help would be great thanks!

2. BillyBobT Suspended

From what I've read you can only purchase a T-Mobile iPhone outright at launch . Might still be true for the X so in that case yes it will be tied to that account.

3. Shadowbech macrumors 601

Better yet, why not have him pre-order it for you and you send him the money?

Seems more like a hassle if you have to use his account especially it requires carrier info, and the SSN of the account holder and the account pin number.

4. rockonz thread starter macrumors newbie

If I try to go through the steps right now on the website I can select to pay in full even when selecting a Verizon phone. Anyone else know if this is true?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 23, 2017 ---
    This is basically what I'm trying to do but I'm trying to find out if buying the phone has any ties to their verizon account

5. TrumpWon! macrumors member

I would also like to know. I’ve heard different answers. I’m in the same boat. Darn Apple not offering the sim free model at launch.

6. rockonz thread starter macrumors newbie

So after doing some me research here is how I think it will work.

Use a friend's Verizon account to pre-order the phone and yes it will be shipped to their address and will be set to their phone number.

Once delivered, they will have to go into their verizon account and change the new iPhone off and put their old phone on.

I get the new iPhone, pop in the tmobile Sim and we are all set.

Yes it is a lot of hassle but I think this is the only way to get the phone during pre-sale /launch and not wait out in line.

Anyone think this will work?