iphone preorder with iphone giftcard

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nunes013, Jun 14, 2010.

1. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

ok, so i have an iphone gift card that i was gonna use to buy an iphone 4. I was gonna pre-order tomorrow and go pick it up at the apple store on the 24. i heard that you cant use a gift card in another thread to buy an iphone on launch day, but no1 has ever commented if this was true. i called apple and the guy said he thinks you can use it but he doesn't know for sure. does any1 know wat the policy is???

2. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

I asked an Apple chat employee on the website.
    My sister won't be able to order, as she won't have internet access at work, so I will be ordering for her with an iPhone giftcard.

She told me that since I would be ordering for in-store pickup, my sister can use the giftcard when she goes and picks up the phone.
    She also told me that on checkout for the preorder, there is a line to use a giftcard.

3. nunes013 thread starter macrumors 65816

nunes013

alright, bc i have saving this giftcard for the past 2 years for this and would be very disappointed not to be able to use it.

thanks man

4. SDNikki macrumors member

I am also interested in this... I guess it makes sense that I would have to pick up the phone in the store to use the gift card, otherwise it will just get charged to credit card that is used to pre-order?

5. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

6. orange42 macrumors 6502a

I'm chatting with one guy now. I asked if I can pre order with a gift card (regular Apple one, not iPhone one) and he said "yes absolutely you can do it right on the web site."

7. SDNikki macrumors member

I also just got done chatting ... she said we could pre-order but will have to go to store to pick it up. Not what I wanted to hear but good to know...

8. orange42 macrumors 6502a

The guy I'm talking to said it can be shipped but has to be shipped to your billing address. Hmm?

9. SDNikki macrumors member

Geez... the inconsistency is a bit annoying! Well, it wasn't going to work for me to have it shipped to my home so I guess its the same result either way...

10. nunes013 thread starter macrumors 65816

nunes013

i just finished chatting with apple and they said that you can use an iphone gift card as a valid form of payment after pre-ordering and picking up at an apple store. idk about shipping to your house though... i would assume when you pre-order they would give you an option to use a giftcard sometime in the process. i would think they have to bc there are people who dont live close to an apple store at all.