IPhone Prepaid/Walmart Plans?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pauly1, Apr 27, 2014.

1. pauly1 macrumors regular

Got an iphone 4s unlocked. I hear about the prepaid plans but how does it work with the iphone? I know if you have those dumb phones, u could get 1000 anytime minutes a year for 100 dollars. But how is it for an iphone?

Also i hear about this 100 minute a month plan with unlimited text and data but i also hear this has to be a walmart iphone or an iphone bought EXCLUSIVELY from walmart?

Does this mean the unlocked 4s iphone i have, i cannot do this?

I know the cheapest plan you can get for an iphone is if u went with virgin mobile as 300 minutes and unlimited text and data cost 35+tax a month but i had went with unlocked as i want the option to use it internationally.

2. gmanterry macrumors regular

gmanterry

Walmart My Family Mobile

I just bought an unlocked T-Mobile iPhone at the Apple Store. I am an old guy and I do my socializing in person, not on line. Therefore I wanted a plan that cost less than $45.00 per month.
    My Walmart Family Mobile is a pay per month with unlimited everything. The data has a cap (that I can't remember) but when it's exceeded they throttle the speed and there are no over charges. With taxes it costs me about $45.00 per month. I'm happy and I have no contract. The plan is a joint collaboration between Walmart and T-Mobile.
    Hope this helps.

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

you can find out more about the 100 minute, 5 gb plan here. you don't need to buy a phone from walmart. you need a sim card activation kit that you can start up online. the $30 5 gb plan will be among the choices available.

4. pauly1 thread starter macrumors regular

I have a sim card that i bought a while back. I never activated it. So that means i could still do this right now? I'm also bit confused. Let say i activate my plan and choose the tmobile 45 or 50 dollar monthly plan. After i have it for few months, i want to change to walmart plan. I obviously will have to cancel my service first the monthly one for 45 or 50 dollars. Then if i want walmart 30 dollar plan, i have to buy another sim card then switch sim card then activate it again?

What if vice versa?

What if i do walmart plan and use it for 2 months. Then i decide i want to go with the $45 or $50 monthly plan. I would have to take old sim card out, buy new sim, then install it? What if after 2 months, i want to cancel and go back to walmart 30 dollar plan? Would that mean i have to buy another sim card and the one i first used with walmart when activating it, its no longer valid?