iPhone Prices Plummet after 24th?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lehman310, Jun 21, 2010.

1. lehman310 macrumors member

I was wondering if prices for the iPhone 3g and other iPhones will go down after the launch of the iPhone 4. I see a great deal on eBay right now for a 3g iPhone and it is already cheaper than any others but I was wondering if after the 24th will there be a splurge of iPhones on ebay sitting cheaply. Also I have a 2g iPhone 8gb and I was wondering if I should sell now and try to get it sold by the 24th or should I wait.

2. lehman310 thread starter macrumors member

Well looks like the iPhone 3g I found on eBay was a hell of a deal because someone just bought it lol

3. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

You'll find deals from people who think the previous versions have "devalued." Truth is with the new ETF in place, you'll be hard pressed to find a 32GB iPhone 4 for less than $900.

That leaves a lot of room for a 32GB 3GS; a little less for the 16GB.

4. lehman310 thread starter macrumors member

So do you think ebay will be flooded with cheaper iPhones from people that picked up the iPhone 4? Also is there a speed difference between the 3g and 2g just processor wise since I would not be using a 3g network

5. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Prices may go up for those who had the latest baseband, since they're unlockable again

6. EasyJW macrumors member

they will go down probably, but not by alot. Apple seem to retain prices well [​IMG]

7. uniforms macrumors regular

I feel th iPhone will always hold a strong value. People who loose or damage their phones know this all too well. The cost of a new phone can be 500 to 700 dollars! So to buy one on eBay is still a Bargin! I will probably sell mine in a month or too after the glut of selling is over. Can't wait till Thursday!!!!!

8. macgrl macrumors 65816

The previous models do seem to hold their value well:)

9. lehman310 thread starter macrumors member

Ok, I will just keep looking, I almost bought a 16gb 3G S last night for 250 and as soon as I was about to buy it, the power went out. None the less when I got back on 5 minutes later, the phone was gone.

10. jabbawok macrumors regular

jabbawok

I ebayed my 3GS for that reason last week. I doubt I'd get the £350 I got for it after everyone who's just upgraded sticks theirs on eBay.

11. genks macrumors newbie

Apple products hold resale value pretty well. I would suspect that ebay and CL will become so flooded with old iphones that people will be undercutting each other.