iPhone Printing: Developers Say Don't Hold Your Breath

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by celavato, Sep 17, 2008.

?

Do you want to print from your iPhone?

Poll closed Sep 24, 2008.
  1. Yes

57.1%
  2. No

42.9%
  1. celavato macrumors regular

According to a couple of iPhone developers (Magnetism Studios and Wooji Juice), don't expect iPhone print capabilities anytime soon despite a growing number of Google searches. This article also predicts that the most common form of iPhone printing would be the direct printing of photos.

2. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

I dont see why they are being negative abut printing.... isn't bluetooth printing a possibility if apple finally allows us to use the pointless bluetooth chip!?

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'm not sure I would ever want to print directly from my iPhone. Seems like a very niche application to me.

4. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

I could see it being used quite often, especially if it could be made to work with photo printers. Get an email from john appleseed with a word document in it, tell it to print the document on the fly. No need to every check that email from your computer. Even better if you could do a print to a WiFi printer not on your network. If you are on the train on your way into work where you have a big meeting 1st thing in the morning. You have a multi-sheet spreadsheet that you want to hand out to the people at the meeting. WiFi print a couple of copies, grab the copies and walk right into the meeting. There are certainly uses for this feature.

5. hertling macrumors newbie