iPhone 11 Pro iPhone Pro Remorse

darbsrewop

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2006
Have an iPhone pro unopened and was going from an iPhone X. Going to give my wife the x which will be an upgrade from her 7. Having doubts. Should I return the pro am hold out another year?

Northern Man

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2013
Have an iPhone pro unopened and was going from an iPhone X. Going to give my wife the x which will be an upgrade from her 7. Having doubts. Should I return the pro am hold out another year?
I would do so. Next year's release may be of more interest to you.

akash.nu

macrumors 604
May 26, 2016
I upgraded from an X to an 11 Pro. Huge camera difference. Not even close. That’s what I was hoping to get out of the upgrade. It really just depends on what you’re looking for.
Yep exactly the same reason.

HobbesInVA

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2018
Chesapeake, VA
I upgraded from an X to an 11 Pro. Huge camera difference. Not even close. That’s what I was hoping to get out of the upgrade. It really just depends on what you’re looking for.
I also upgraded from the X to the 11 Pro. I am blown away by the camera upgrade. It is the best camera system Apple has released so far.

perezr10

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
Regrets about just the size?!
Yeah, I’m really happy with the phone outside of the large size. . And it’s so heavy it literally pulls my gym shorts down. Plus, I can no longer sit at my desk with my phone in my pocket. But I’m still in the return window so I may switch.

SisterBlue22

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
I’m having major regrets. But that’s mainly because I decided to get the bigger Pro Max From the regular XS. I wish I’d gotten the iphone 11 Pro.
I promise, within a few days you'll be used to the size, and wonder how you ever lived without the bigger screen.

pst23

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2015
I upgraded because the installment for my XS Max 256 was more than the installment for the 256 11 pro max - I traded in my xs max and took home the 11 pro max

akash.nu

macrumors 604
May 26, 2016
Yeah, I’m really happy with the phone outside of the large size. . And it’s so heavy it literally pulls my gym shorts down. Plus, I can no longer sit at my desk with my phone in my pocket. But I’m still in the return window so I may switch.
Yeah I felt the same with my Xs max and the 8 plus. That’s why went with the normal size this time around.

Crazyj414

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2015
I went to a pro from the 8 plus. I wouldn’t say I’m unhappy. The Pro is great and I like the full screen but I really like the 6.1 size better and the Max is too big and heavy for me. I’m greedy though and want the pro features in that size or I would have went for the 11. If I wasn’t able to upgrade yearly I’d return it. Otherwise we will see what comes of next year.

trek360

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2011
I went from X to 11 pro, planning to use the X for another family line from a 6s. I am also somewhat ambivalent about upgrading. My X was functioning just fine, but I wanted better camera and battery life, and have typically upgraded every two years at least. The price of the new phones has been the major factor in wanting to prolong current model use.

My initial impressions are the screen is a bit crisper, phone a bit snappier, camera markedly improved, but phone factor feels the same. I'm convinced enough though. Everyone has different reasons for upgrading, I would go ahead with it and take the better trade in value for the 7 this year.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2014
I'll be honest, while I like the Pro and the new features, I'd probably be happy with the 11 too. If I wasn't trading in and only end up paying $499 at the end of it all (credit for my X and $100 I set aside that was given to me for a gift) I'd probably get the 11.

Otflyer

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
I’m a guy. I got the XS Max last year but, it was just not pocketable for me. I returned it for XS and am glad I did. Getting a 11 Pro this year.

Reactions: Crazyj414