Iphone pro?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zkaudio, Jun 9, 2008.

1. zkaudio macrumors member

So... in this move to plastic, anyone think maybe they'll create 2 iphones? The plastic being the iPhone and a metal iPhone pro with more memory, better features, etc? I really wish they would have kept the price point higher. Metal > plastic

2. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

Yeah I agree, even the iPods are all metal, Plastic just to drive the cost down. I thought apple were taking that step towards more recyclable aluminium and glass approach with everything such as the iMac, Macbook Air, iPods.
    But hey I might pick up a white 16GB

3. jmadlena Guest

I think the biggest reason for the move to plastic is reception. Now that they have 3G, Wifi, and GPS, reception is even more important than on the first iPhone.

4. billandy macrumors regular

i see that the major benefit of switching to plastic is all down to the practicality of implementation. the 1st gen iphone had the metal casing, with a rather awkward black antenna cover. anyone who's used it should've noticed its poor signal reception, especially when paired with a bluetooth headset. the stronger the network signal, it turns out that the better the battery life. no matter how much apple hates plastic beings, it seems to be the only practical solution for the time being before someone "reinvents" the metal casing to allow good enough radio transmission

5. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

6. JMax1 macrumors 6502

JMax1

And is the metal really THAT much more expensive?

7. RobUM macrumors newbie

Plastic seems to get better reception. Don't ask me to confirm this, but I've heard cases where Macbooks have an easier time picking up WiFi than Macbook Pros in some areas..