IPhone Problem - Cannot change itunes Account??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kydee6039, Feb 13, 2009.

1. kydee6039 macrumors member

Quick question. Within itunes I signed up for a canadian account that has all my correct info including credit card info. I also signed up for a US account with fake info so I could download free apps from the app store that were not available from the canadian app store.

My problem that I'm having is when I try to purchase an app from the store which costs money it keeps trying to use my US account which doesn't have a credit card - so I get a message on my phone that the billing info needs to be updated.

I've read that if you log into itunes on your computer and sign into the account you want to use and then sync your phone - the phone will then use the account that was signed into when you did the sync.

I've tried that and it doesn't work. It keeps using the US account. I even tried to just log off of all accounts within itunes and then try to purchase the app through my phone hoping it would ask for my username and password - nope - it still tries to use the US account.

Anyone have an idea of what I can do?? The last option I thought was to login into itunes with the canadian account on my computer and try to purchase the app through the app store in itunes. Then sync my phone with the app section of my iphone within itunes. If I try this will it delete all the other apps on my phone?? All the apps I have now were downloaded through the phone and never synced with the computer.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. msyrrakos macrumors newbie

Figured it out...

All you have to do is log into the new account in iTunes you want to use and then sync your iPhone and then the phone will be logged into that account until you sync it to another account in iTunes.

Enjoy!
    :)