Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

newConvert

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2006
Ok, here is the situation, was looking for some help. I have a 32gig iphone that is jail broken, been that way pretty much since launch.

I recently purchased some of the apple in-ear headphones, they sounded awesome, for about 3 days, then it got all staticky and one of the headphones conked out to about 50% of the volume (or less). Thought I had a lemon, no big deal retuned it, got a new pair.

I have now swapped out the headphones 3 times for the EXACT same problem, roughly failing in the same 3 days for each pair... Only listening to the volume at about 75-80% of max, although I would think this would not be the problem.

Anyone have any idea whats going on?

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Bad phone jack?? Blow it out with some air. Or take the whole thing to Apple and let them figure it out. :D

newConvert

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2006
strange thing is my regular buds that came with the phone still work... which is messed up.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Do you wrap haedphones around the Iphone or crunch them up on your pocket? Maybe those apple headphones you bought are just cheap garbage. Get another brand or model. Most likey one of these things is the problem since the Jack itself functions properly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.