iPhone problem poll.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 0101001, Jul 7, 2010.

?

Will you be keeping the iPhone 4?

1. Yes, i have no problems and loving it.

68 vote(s)
    42.8%
  2. Yes, I have a few problems but still works fine for me.

53 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Yes, but the problems are driving me crazy,let's see if a fix comes out or may have to sell it.

12 vote(s)
    7.5%
  4. Nope, returning it soon.

9 vote(s)
    5.7%
  5. Nope,selling it and making a little extra money.

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  6. Waiting a bit to see what Apple does, then I will decide .

16 vote(s)
    10.1%
  1. 0101001 macrumors 6502

Just want to know where everyone is standing who already owns a iPhone 4.

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I'm sitting, not standing, at my desk right now. Ha. ha.

First iPhone had the yellow splotches and prox sens issue. Exchanged it ASAP.

Second phone is a joy. Not one dropped call yet.

3. 0101001 thread starter macrumors 6502

Congrats.

4. andy9l macrumors 68000

Why are people claiming that they don't experience extreme signal loss, or that their iPhone doesn't have any signal problems simply because they haven't had a dropped call? I've never had a dropped call, but there's an obvious problem if I hold the phone in my left hand.

It's as if people are starting to feel that not having dropped calls is a new feature of the iPhone. Each phone call is now a success story.

As many people have said before; 'hold it differently' is not a solution.

I apologise to Chupa Chupa, this isn't directly aimed at you - there's a whole bunch of people on these forums alone.

5. 0101001 thread starter macrumors 6502

To be honest I tried to make mine lose the signal when i tested it the bars never dropped at all so I do believe them.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

7. iAmYou macrumors 6502

iAmYou

Because believe it or not some people including myself ARE NOT having signal issues, even with the so called "death grip".

8. 0101001 thread starter macrumors 6502

9. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Same here. I've tried to make it fail, but the 'phone's rock solid. Really don't have the time for exhaustive testing. Not an issue for me.

10. darkip macrumors newbie

Returned mine yesterday. I wasn't going to hang onto a phone with such a ridiculous reception issue, especially due to the way Apple has handled it.

11. 0101001 thread starter macrumors 6502

I was lucky having no reception problems I tried hard to reproduce the issue.

12. darkip macrumors newbie

The thing is, every phone has this issue, you must be in a region of particularly strong signal.

13. 0101001 thread starter macrumors 6502

not true, I only get 1 or two bars at home, I held the corner till my had was blue even for longer then a minute, no drop in bars at all.

My daughters phone has the problem and my sons is solid like mine.
    There is a difference in builds, I am sure of that.

14. 0101001 thread starter macrumors 6502

15. darkip macrumors newbie

The only real test is to have everyone in the same low-signal place when answering the poll or it's pretty useless considering the issue doesn't manifest itself in high-signal areas.

All I know is that every iPhone 4 I've handled has been able to replicate the issue.

16. dagomike macrumors 65816

That's a great line.

Fact is though the bars just dropping doesn't really mean anything. When Apple posts the fix, likely those just seeing bars drop will get a better representation of the signal loss, which may be a bar or two. Granted, it may be a bar or two more than it should drop, but it won't likely go from 5 to one or whatever.

Those unfortunate enough to want to use their phone is less than "Excellent" ATT coverage, however, will still likely be SOL if they want to hold their device as they wish.

17. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Well it's true. Who cares what an arbitrary (and very non-scientific) signal bar indicator tells you. The real test is whether you get good download/upload speeds and whether or not you drop any calls. Try holding it normal and see if you drop a call or not.

18. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Well, I'm like the OP. I've been in areas with 2 bars and I can't get the signal to go down. I also test it with SpeedTest while doing this. No change. I understand the theory as to why this should affect everyone, but perhaps the theory is wrong and something else is going on that we don't know about (like Apple did use a coating on the antenna, but some phones had less than adequate amounts...who knows?). All I know is that my experience has been wonderful.

19. lunged macrumors newbie

Sadly, I returned mine yesterday. It was the best device I had ever held, but I just couldn't make calls from home while holding it, and that just isn't acceptable. All other iPhones in the house work fine.

I am still trying to get my old iPhone activated, too. I got a new sim card for it, but it looks like Apple and AT&T messed the account up. What a headache. I'll miss everything about it… except all the dropped calls.

20. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Many people (and news organizations which leads to even more people) are placeboed into having problems so any poll is not accurate.

21. err404 macrumors 68020

Anybody answering better then "Yes, I have a few problems but still works fine for me" for any product is lying. Every iPhone iteration has had problems and limitations. So has every Android, WinMo, Palm...
    Sure some people have legitimate issues, but the iPhone 4 issues are being completely blown out of proportion. Overall it's a very nice phone in a world full of haters.

22. 0101001 thread starter macrumors 6502

23. 0101001 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mine never had that problem, but Att messed my account up also.

24. 0101001 thread starter macrumors 6502

Maybe next batch.