iPhone Problem with Safari, Youtube

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jwifferdill, Oct 19, 2007.

1. jwifferdill macrumors newbie

I'll start off by saying my iPhone is unlocked and I am using it on T-Mobile. I purchased their Edge data plan and up until yesterday everything had been working smoothly. Yesterday I began having problems accessing Safari, Youtube, weather, stocks, etc. My email still worked flawlessly however. When I would attempt to load a page in Safari after having the phone in sleep mode, the page would just idle while attempting to load. Eventually it would tell me that it couldn't load the page. Same with Youtube, weather and stocks...no go. All the while I was able to check my email. I just now tried resetting my network settings and that didn't work. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!!

2. j5uh macrumors member

hey i have the same exact situatio as u. I read on howard forums the tmobiles edge/ tzones have been acting weird. Mine was worki g on and off and just now it started working. Just hang in there. Im still waiting ro make sure it keeps working. Btw im in houston tx.

3. jwifferdill thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the response. I figured it must be something goofy with them, as I went over to a WiFi area and got connected and things worked great. I'll give T-Mobile customer service a call tonight and see if they can't shed some light on the situation. I'm not real fond of paying for a service that works when it wants to, and I'll let that be known. Let me know if you figure anything out!!

4. j5uh macrumors member

just an update... I put my phone to sleep and turned it back on, now the safari doesn't work again!

i think the only reason the mail.app works is cause it uses very little bandwidth to send the small packets of data... safari and youtube uses alot... so i'm guess they're having bandwidth issues... let me know your update too. =)

5. jwifferdill thread starter macrumors newbie

Now mine is working completely. A little slow, but everything works. Strange. Let's hope this isn't a recurring problem with T-Mobile!!

6. j5uh macrumors member

yeap mines working too... and it's just ok... :cool: