Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lilsimon04

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
Hey everyone im new here and glad 2 be here. My problem is that i have an 1st generation 4gb iphone and when i put it in the cradle to charge then it will turn on to the apple logo and keep rebooting when it gets there, and every once in a while the battery screen will come on with a slight bit of red in the battery. When I take it out of the cradle then it will not turn on at all, or even when i connect it to the computer it will not turn on. While it is in the cradle connected to the wall charger, i can get to the screen that has the itunes logo and the chord so i can connect it to the computer, but i just cant get it to work when i plug it into the computer, any help , please i am desperate!!!!

lilsimon04

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
i cant becuase it wont connect to the computer, when i connect it to the computer then the iphone wont come on!

lilsimon04

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
actually i got the computer to recognize it in DFU mode, its downloading something and says it will restore aftwards, hopefully this works, ill report back when its done, thanks so much!!

shvartsies

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2008
New Jersey, USA
hold down home button for five seconds
without letting go, also hold down power button for 10 more seconds
let go of power button and continue to hold home button for 30 seconds

it is now in DFU mode, connect it to the computer.
warning: will wipe everything, hope you have a good backup

lilsimon04

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
i already have it in du mode, thats the only way the computer will recognize it, and after i try and restore is when i either get error 1601 or 1602

jmann

macrumors 604
Wirelessly posted (Jeff's iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

I looked on the apple website and it said to uninstall then reinstall the latest version of itunes and it should fix it.

lilsimon04

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
thanks but i tried that also and still having the same issues, im getting very very irritated with this haha

lilsimon04

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
anyone else got an idea here, could it maybe be my battery?? i just ordered one on ebay, thinking maybe it could be the problem

ppc750fx

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2008
You didn't really supply us with much info...

What version of iTunes do you have?

What type of computer do you have? (If it's a Mac, is it a Late 2008 MacBook?)

What version of the firmware are you trying to restore?

macdim

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2007
Canada
If you can, try to restore it in DFU mode on a different computer and possibly a Windows computer. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes wherever you are installing it. Also, as someone said above, don't use a mac with 10.5.6 to do it. It just won't work (but probably wouldn't even be recognized).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.