iPhone problems - home key and hot

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by galactic732, Mar 11, 2009.

1. galactic732 macrumors member

So I went to the apple store in portland the other day when out there for vacation because my touch screen isn't always responsive and sometimes my home button doesn't quit the app and I am forced to deal with whatever app I am in until I get home to sync.

I thought both of these were valid reasons to get a replacement, but I didn't have time to wait around to see a genius so I had to leave.

However, this morning I woke up to my alarm and when I went to turn it off I noticed that my phone was VERY hot to the touch. I had trouble holding it for the time period to turn it off. I did unlock it quick and there were no current apps open.

Now I'm concerned not only about the screen and the home button, but I don't want it to melt on me (it heated up a very large portion of my new aluminum macbook).

my question is: will the people at the genius bar (I have another appointment for tomorrow closer to home) replace the phone on my word that it's unresponsive and the heat issue? or will they just tell me I'm SOL and send me on my way?

also, I know there is a significant issue with the cracks in the casing (I have a couple also), does anyone know if they are replacing iPhones for that reason too?

2. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68030