iPhone problems that are worth replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by grantrobarts, Jan 1, 2008.

1. grantrobarts macrumors member

I am on my second iPhone now, and have had problems with since.

My battery will not fully charge, it will always think that it is not fully charged, no matter how long I leave it on the charger for.
    My speaker is very quiet, when compared to other iphones. And I have some really bad multi-touch issues - like touching in one section of the screen and the screen thinking I'm hitting another section.

Has anyone had any luck replacing their phones with these issues? Is it better to go into the Apple Store or just call 1-800-IPHONE?

2. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

It sounds like you're having a really tough time.

If you have the ability to go to an Apple store I'd certainly do that. No doubt about it. Walk in and explain that this is #2 and look at all the problems. You'll walk out with a different one.

3. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

Your battery issue sounds like the same issue people were having with the 1.0.0 software. Are you running the most current software 1.1.2? If not, an upgrade should fix that.

The speaker is my biggest disappointment with the iPhone. It is just a quiet, poor quality speaker. I expected more from Apple when it comes to the quality and volume of the speaker.

If the multi-touch problems happen all the time I would recommend taking it to an Apple store. This way you can show the Genius what is happening and they can replace your phone right then and there. If you decide to call you are going to have to wait for the box to be shipped to you and I believe you have to ship the phone to them before they will send you the replacement, but I am not 100% sure on that. I think your best bet is going to the Apple store.

4. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Yep, you send it in and wait. The Apple Store is the much more expedient route.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

You might try a "hard boot"...

by holding down the HOME Button and the On/Off Button until the Silver Apple appears then the icons will appear. If you keep your iPhone on all the time, you may want to shut it off, then turn it back on, especially after any updates to applications. :cool:

6. grantrobarts thread starter macrumors member

I am running the most current software for the phone. And I do reset my phone quite often.

The multi touch problems are, of course, intermitent which makes it very difficult to show somebody the problems I am having.

I think I'm going to try my best at the Apple Store tomorrow and see what I can do.

7. grantrobarts thread starter macrumors member

Just to add some closure to this thread, I went into the Apple Store today in Sacramento and got my phone replaced. Just off of the few issues I explained they really didn't have a problem replacing it under warranty, no charge.