iPhone processes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tonydsam, Sep 6, 2010.

1. tonydsam macrumors newbie

Does anybody know what processes should be running on an iPhone as I look on sysstats and see processes such as keybagd and profiled that pop up and then disappear, are these normal. I know I can google processes that I am unsure of on my laptop but I don't seem to get results back for iPhone processes.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. tonydsam thread starter macrumors newbie

I was trying to identify why my battery has started dying quicker so I have been keeping an eye on which processes keep running such as mobile mail, even though I have everything set to off and don't even have a mobile account set up.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, mobile mail opens up when sending and receiving texts and mms also. Even when I open and browse contacts it seems to load up.

5. tonydsam thread starter macrumors newbie

Good to know your phone also does this, seems odd though. Do you know about the other processes I mentioned as I have read a lot about viruses and spyware on smart phones recently and obviously iPhone would fall into this category.

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The iPhone does not have any viruses that attack it. You are completely safe if you are not jailbroken. But if you are, make sure your root and mobile password are not the default ones (only applies if you installed OpenSSH via Cydia).

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Thats correct. There is no Trojans or viruses for the iPhone. Don't be paranoid:)

8. tonydsam thread starter macrumors newbie

It is very hard for me not to be paranoid as I come from a windows background :) I understand what you say regarding Trojans but any operating system can be infected but it is just how hard the hackers try. As more iPhones get sold and more info is held on them it makes them more attractive to try to infect. Hopefully I am wrong but I won't be surprised if you see some anti virus apps in the near future.

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Forget what you learned on Windows. You're not going to get a virus.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I agree. Your not on windows xp:D

11. tonydsam thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks but don't come crying to me when you have a virus :)