iPhone processing time on att.com?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bowlerguy10, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

Hey, I ordered an iPhone (refurbished) last night on att.com as an upgrade for my phone and it has been in the "processing" stage for just under 24 hours. I'm just curious how accurate the att.com order status website is or what I should be expecting as far as shipping times. Thanks!

2. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Patience is a virtue.

3. Bowlerguy10 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes.......tragically one that I do not behold.

4. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

You should expect the phone to be shipped in two weeks and receive it on the third week ;):D

5. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

I have ordered other phones from ATT.com before, and they were shipped with 2 day express. So if they have it in stock, expect it by end of the week.

6. seand1111 macrumors regular

That seems like a long time....every phone I have ordered from ATT has been online and I usually wll have a "shipped" email within 12 hours...

7. Bowlerguy10 thread starter macrumors 6502

Do you think that it's possible that the ATT status page could be inaccurate like most seem to be?

8. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Calm down, it'll get there eventually.

9. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

wait the 24. if not by 48 then start to worry and give them a ring.

they move a lot of phones.

10. seand1111 macrumors regular

11. Bowlerguy10 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow, good thing I called.........

I called ATT and there is a backorder, she couldn't tell me how long but in my email that I received after placing the order they say "We estimate 2-5 buisness days" for my order to ship, not sure if this holds any water in relation to the backorder. She told me that I could go to an ATT store and show them that I'm a premier customer and have them offer me the same phone at a discounted price. So I went in and had the woman cancel the order and upgrade and after 4 transfers she was successful. She then told me that it would take up to 72 hours for the credit to go through so that I could buy the brand new 8 gig iPhone at the discounted price. I have ALREADY received the order cancelation email, why must it take more time for the upgrade to go through? Anyway, hopefully on Thursday I will be able to go and pick up my shiny new iPhone instead of a refurbished one.