iPhone product mix for 2014?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jimbo1mcm, Jan 28, 2014.

1. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

I was wondering if Iphone production capacity will continue to be a problem for Apple. If they keep the Iphone 5c and tweak its colors and lower its price to be an entry level device, keep the Iphone 5S, then introduce a new Iphone 6 in 2 screen sizes, will capacity be a problem? Demand for the Iphone 6 will be off the charts. They had capacity problems for the Iphone 5S. Maybe they can have Samsung build the Iphone 6 for them.Sigh!

2. 617aircav Suspended

You are confused.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

They always have issues with the initial batch selling out for a month, sometimes two. I am sure they will see the same thing with the iphone 6. They only start to manufacture the phones a few months before they go on sale, so supply will always be a problem. I would hope if they add more options that helps balance out the supply.

4. cynics macrumors G3

It will always be a problem. They'd much rather not make enough immediately then make to many. That's just a waste.

Plus it helps drive other sales, less popular iPhones then the one you wanted, other Apple products if you keep entering the store checking stock, etc. Plus it fuels interest witch is contagious.

5. JCCL macrumors 6502a

I don't think that the lack of supply is helping drive sales. Sure, it makes it more coveted, however, with the current smartphone competition, I know several people that went to a carrier store for an iPhone, were told that there were none, and walked out with an Android device instead. Not everyone is willing to keep checking constantly, for a phone, and certainly not with the current phone market. I think they need to be very careful of having supply this year, as they might not have the results they had with the 5S.

6. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

they have plenty of iPhones to sell, they control the supply to keep them in the news how they are sold out everywhere so people buy them.