iPhone prongs bent and won't change! jailbreak!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by truz, Apr 20, 2009.

1. truz macrumors 6502a

truz

I'm going to the Apple Store tomorrow as I just noticed my iPhone's Prongs are bent and will not charge. However I have my phone jailbroken. How can I remove it if I can't connect via USB haha? possible data reset from typing incorrect password more then 10 times? or will this fail?

2. truz thread starter macrumors 6502a

truz

So.. I got the prongs bent back out that were effecting the USB cable from pushing in all the way and charging the iphone. However it still sits uneven and the cable will not fit in flush. I got the iphone formatted and fully charged.

I'm still taking it in to have the prongs replaced or the iphone replaced. I don't understand why Apple would put cheap bendable prongs on an $800 device. Why not place the prongs on the USB cable so it's easy to replace rather then replacing the $800 device or why not think of a new way of charging the iphone? mini mag safe for the iphone? <- Apple should consider it. However I understand it needs to be able to transfer data and not just charge.

I would rather have a USB/mini (camera port) to charge/transfer data. Less to worry about.