Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bstone0

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
Victoria
I have just got my new iPhone and am wrapped in what it can do. I can sit at home and access the Internet as well as the Apps I have downloaded. Today at school I connected to our wireless network and the Internet worked well however the Apps do not work. I am guessing it is something to do with our school proxies.

Can anyone shed anymore light on this matter?

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
If any applications access the internet they do it via AT&T or whatever network settings that your wireless settings have. If your school has some sort of proxy on it, it may be restrictive on what kind of traffic they allow.

You will have to talk with your schools IT department but they have no say regarding 3g connections

jemo

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2010
iPhone: how to reset password. Help.

Pardon me, but this reply does not have an answer to your problem, but I can't find any TOPIC to post my question but here.
My problem is about my iPhone which I could not get connected with WIFI because I couldn't remember the password that was set up by the "guy".

The password was ok earlier, but when I had the iPhone
checked by a "genius" at the Apple store, for some reasons
the password is not longer there and can't use wifi connection and keeps asking me to type in my password. This is were my problem started.

Can anybody help me to show how to reset my password for my WIFI connection? I surely will appreciate any help.
Thank you!
jemo

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.