iPhone purchase soon, maybe?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by comebackdwn, Feb 25, 2009.

1. comebackdwn macrumors regular

hey guys.

my tmobile contract expires on the 28th, which is saturday. i am looking to go out and get an iphone very very soon.

does anyone know if tmobile would screw me over with a fee if i went just a few days early and got it?

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

It's better actually if you call T-mobile and ask that, they might screw you or not :p

OR just be patient and wait till the 28th...

3. hsk macrumors regular

Or just go ahead and buy the iPhone now - its a free country - ATT does not care that you have a T-M contract!

Oh, you can port your number anytime. Get one tomorrow, play with it for a few days, then port your number.

4. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

You may want to buy a rape whistle just in case...;)

Just get one and port your number over once your contract is up. Or ya know wait 3 days.

5. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Thats exactly the right idea. I actually talked to an AT&T tech in the store today. He does this all the time for people. Its free to port your number, so you can get your iPhone now with a temporary number, then port it the day your contract expires. Thats exactly what I am doing.

6. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Did you all the sudden decide you wanted to get an iPhone today? Probably not; you've likely been waiting weeks, if not months, for your t mobile contract to expire. So, why can't you just wait a few more additional days and do everything at once? If not, then call t mobile and ask them. They will be able to give you better answers than we can. Good luck with your new purchase.

7. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

If I were you, I would go on with them for 4 more months, cancel them and get the new iPhone.

8. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

It all depends on T-Mobile's TOS. I know AT&T has a prorated cancellation fee, which starts out at like $150 then goes down $5 per month. So if it's the same as AT&T's, you're looking at $35.

But I don't think you have to cancel it a few days early. Just get a new phone and then port the number later. If you're a Best Buy Reward Zone member, go get $50 an iPhone this week. If you're not, AT&T is selling refurbs for $100 off and earlier today they had both 8GB and 16GB available.

If you can wait, try to until the next model comes out in the summer. I'm thinking there will be a 16 and 32GB model at $199 and $299 and probably a few spec upgrades (camera, maybe RAM or something else).

9. bamafever09 macrumors regular

bamafever09

10. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Do we look like customer service for T-Mobile?

11. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

if u want it now, get it. get it when u want it.

12. northy014 macrumors regular

Are you trying to keep the same number? IMHO - wait. Sorry, probs not the answer you wanted. :rolleyes: