iPhone Purchase Website

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tomegun, Sep 10, 2015.

1. tomegun macrumors 6502

tomegun

I am not a web designer or programmer so I couldn't make any money from this ideal. Why doesn't someone create a page designed to help people figure out the best way to purchase an iPhone? Since it is becoming more complex every year, it feels like you need a degree just to figure it out. Buy outright, buy online, Apple store, carrier store, pick up, delivery, trade in.....

A page with options that will arrive at a few courses of action would be nice.

2. nostresshere macrumors 68030

It is pretty easy to just write down the numbers and figure out what works best for you.

The biggest variables are desire to get it TODAY vs TOMORROW or desire to sell vs hold vs tradein. Sure, you could do the dollar value of the sale, but you can not program the personal emotions. Just like the WANT IT TODAY. What is the dollar value?

DOES NOT COMPUTE>

3. jediuia macrumors regular

I can tell you easily the best way. Sell your iPhone each year while the resale value is still high, buy the new one.

Its amazing how much people will pay for a 1 year old iPhone. I do it every year, my 6+ is up for sale right now for $600-$700. I have 3 phones on my account and at least one is always up for renewal. But even if I had to pay full value, its still not a bad deal.

4. tomegun thread starter macrumors 6502

tomegun

Hmm, so I can admit to being "One of those people" and apologized on the other thread. However, it seems like finding fault in threads - trolling - may be your thing. Oooookaaaaaayyyy

5. tomegun thread starter macrumors 6502

tomegun

Do you have spare phones you use after selling your current phone or do you just wait to sell your phone until you get the new one?

6. jediuia macrumors regular

I time my sales so I exchange with buyer after getting the new phone. I have a personal phone, work phone and I gave my son a phone (his is up for renewal this year and he wants my 6+, but that's not happening, maybe next year;)). My wife has a phone too but I don't count that one, I buy hers every two years with her renewal. She's not as crazy about upgrading yearly like myself.

7. tomegun thread starter macrumors 6502

tomegun

I may go the craigslist route. I will just meet in a police station parking lot and take one of two of my girlfriends with me...if you know what I mean.

8. jediuia macrumors regular

Yes not a bad idea. I have met a couple people from Craigslist; once at Starbucks and once in a church parking lot. I was always leery, when meeting at Starbucks I was ready to tackle the person if they took off haha. Last year I just sold on Ebay, but getting the money takes a while.

Someone is another thread said they meet at Verizon stores, not a bad idea to give the buyer reassurance they can activate it, plus its a pretty public place.

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

If you have had this thought the chances are someone else has. As to why it's probably not been implemented I can think of two reasons off the top of my head.

1. Litigation. How fast do you think the carriers and Apple would shut it down if someone did this?
    2. Money. If you're on AT&T's site you're looking at AT&T's plans and phones, not someone else's that MAY direct you to AT&T but just might NOT either. Same with the other carriers and Apple.

Apple being a central place to purchase your iPhone from while being linked to your carrier and your plan is probably going to be as close as this dream will ever get.