IPhone Purchase?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gullaa, Jun 7, 2008.

1. gullaa macrumors member

gullaa

When the IPhone is released..it will most likely be just in the u.s first. now if i were to drive to buffalo, would i be able to buy the iphone from the apple store, or will they refuse the sale because i am canadian?

2. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

3. Love Juice macrumors regular

wtf, r u serious? i'm sure apple id's everyone to make sure they are a us citizen. so get a fake id and dont speak so you can hide that thick canadian accent!

4. vkramer macrumors regular

Im in Buffalo :)

You crazy canadians have been flocking to our Galleria Mall for the past few months making it impossible to find parking spots anywhere.

LOL its all good.

Anyway cya at the apple store haha monday

5. gullaa thread starter macrumors member

gullaa

first off, i do not have an accent ehh, where would i get a fake new york i.d, and they i.ded me when i bought 1g iphone, and they said "your aware this phone doesn't work in your country blah blah blah". but they sold it to me. but now apples policy is that u have to use a credit card with a u.s.a billing address

6. gullaa thread starter macrumors member

gullaa

i'll be there saturday afternoon, maybe you can buy for me i'll give you cash(USD) :)

7. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Okay, the USA billing address might stop you, but who knows - Is it worth the try???? Try Syracuse, Carousel.

8. oldschooldude macrumors regular

dude, convert your canadian $s to USD and they'll be glad to sell you as many phones as you can afford

9. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

What if you use US cash? They won't proof you right?

10. oldschooldude macrumors regular

not unless you look too young to be buyin' something that expensive... I assume you are at least 18 yo

11. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

too young?
    im under 18 and plan to buy an iPhone when it hits where i am.....

just take a blood sample along.
    that'll clear it up

:confused:

12. gullaa thread starter macrumors member

gullaa

the policy is that u have to use a credit card for at least .01$ and the rest can be whatever,i've been told i look 23- 25 from some people, i am actually 20..here's a pic..

Attached Files:

13. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

We won't really know what they'll accept or what they'll turn away. Remember last year you couldn't use cash, you had to have a US ID card, you had to use a credit/debit card, you couldn't use Apple gift cards, and your credit card's billing address/zip code also gives you up. Whatever the situation, please keep us advised here in the states. Thanks. :confused:

14. gullaa thread starter macrumors member

gullaa

me and my buddies are spending the weekend in niagra falls, so if i get denied the purchase, w/e. but i will try i'll use sum **** like i just drove 1hr and 30 min to come and buy this phone..its the only reason i drove here blah blah blah

15. volsfan macrumors regular

volsfan

borrow a credit card from a us friend ehh. Or move to the greatest country in the world.