iPhone PUSH Help(1st gen EDGE only)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fireshot91, Aug 4, 2008.

1. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

i got 16GB EDGE only model iPhone, and i turned PUSH on for my e-mail, and also fetch to every 30 mins. i got like 4 emails BEFORE Noon, and im JUST now getting them on iPhone...any suggestions? or is PUSH only for 3G?

2. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

Push works on the 1st Gen.. Not sure why it wouldn't come down for you - Were you in an area with a connection? (I know, its a silly question but thats the only thing I can think of)

3. fireshot91 thread starter macrumors 601

fireshot91

well, ive been on wi-fi all day today-yesterday, for the past like 3 days, but i think i get 5 bars in ma house where i was sleeping(i woke up at like 3 PM) so i shouldve gotten the e-mails while i was sleeping(the iPhone was NOT on charging while i was sleeping, and it was right next to my window, not on my windowsil, but on a microfiber cloth, on the ground, i slept on the floor right next to HIM, yes i named him paul)

4. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

are you sure your email service support push? Also do you have it set up correctly for push. Push settings arn't always the same as the IMAP settings. Also, you shouldnt have push and fetch on, that'd be silly.

5. fireshot91 thread starter macrumors 601

fireshot91

well yeah, i only have fetch on because PUSH was in 'test mode' (which i made LOL), but yeah, im using Yahoo! mail. and the push settings on for PUSH not Fetch or manual