iPhone "PUSH" services making my phone lag / slow?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dwsolberg, Jul 18, 2008.

1. dwsolberg macrumors 6502a

My iPhone 3g had been sort of lagging when I access things. For example, when I went to phonebook, it took 3 or 4 seconds before I could select anything. Calendars and Mail also took quite a while. Even while playing game, sometimes things would randomly slow down for no clear reason (the games were not being particularly demanding with graphics/etc).

Around that time, I noticed that PUSH was not working for me (it would NOT update with information put on the web). Because PUSH wasn't working, I turned it off.

Viola. Now everything is back to being speedy. My phonebook is instantly accessible, I don't have lags in games, and the software is much better to use.

I'm not sure if 1. PUSH just makes things slow, 2. if PUSH was messed up on my iPhone so it was slow, or 3. my iPhone is just acting crazy for other reasons.

In any case, I thought the information might be useful for others. Maybe keeping track of this stuff will also help Apple improve their software (yes, I will report it).

2. HelloImaMac macrumors newbie

I have the same issue from time to time. I just reboot. Kinda reminds me of rebooting XP. :D

3. shw macrumors newbie

same here - after tap tap revenge 2 asked me to run push notification the game itself and some other games started to lag.
    i turned off push notification rebooted the phone and everything is normal now. tried few times - turning it on/off and running the game and I'm pretty sure that's the problem.

4. nfl46 macrumors 603

You could always get the new 3G S, and you won't have this problem :)

5. justicart macrumors newbie

I have the 3G S and the problem I am seeing, is when I get a notification while I'm playing a game, the game's frame rate seems slower.