iPhone Quality Consistency

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 1251division, Sep 24, 2016.

1. 1251division macrumors member

Just need to get this off my chest I suppose.

Waaaaaay back when, I bought a 32gb 5s for myself, and a 16gb 5s for my wife. There is a noticeable difference between the two phones--to this day after many iOS updates--in terms of not only the operation of the phone (e.g. smoothness, snappy-ness, general slick operation) and the camera/picture quality. I love taking pictures, and really appreciate a good iPhone as a stand-in for nothing else (re: the best camera is the one you have in your hand), but the fact that mine sucks (not only slower to focus and release shutter, but the quality of the actual picture seems worse), really drives me nuts.

All that being said, I'm in the market for two new iPhones. I've read recent reports that there have been manufacturing QC issues with the new 7's, and really want to avoid a repeat of the sad existence I've just endured </sarcasm>

Any one else have a similar experience, or more specifically noticed a difference with the 7's? I would actually consider getting a 6s+ instead of a 7+ if the kinks are worked out on the 6s's.

2. foxconn Suspended

You're only gonna hear about the negatives, especially on here.

Majority of the people come here when they have issues with their device, so you will always see the negatives.

3. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

I'd buy 2 7/7+ and then if one is defective, either return and rebuy or have apple swap it out until you are satisfied.

4. LLL1424 macrumors 6502

LLL1424

Unfortunately, that's just the way the cookie crumbles with mass productions of electronics and the demand needed in today's world. Ask Samsung or even Sony.

To answer your question:

I originally had the iPhone 7 Plus in Silver on launch day and the phones brightness and color was way off compared to my 6s+. Yellow gate was alive and well but I settled. Not for long though. I reserved a matte black version the following day and exchanged it and guess what? The matte black iPhone screen is crisp, very bright and the colors were vivid. I was both happy I received a great phone yet disappointed that consistency doesn't exist with the iPhone but it's just not Apple.

As someone suggested earlier; exchange it until you are happy. Enjoy your new iPhone!

5. maka344 macrumors 6502a

maka344

There are some issues, no one iPhone seems to be the same.

With my couple of 7 pluses, the JB one had:

Dust under lens
    Camera couldn't focus sometimes
    Uneven screen

My Matte is flawless.