Iphone question regarding recieveing calls.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sevv, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Sevv macrumors member

I am thinking about purchasing an iphone on Nov 9th and I have a few questions regarding the device. I have found the answer to most of them, however a few remain :)

Steve Jobs said the 'slide' activation was included so the phone did not accidently turn on in your pocket. What does the phone do when in locked mode and you receive a phone call ?

Do you need to unlock the phone before you can press the recieve button? Or does the phone unlock itself and all you need to do is press recieve? A simple enough question. If the latter is true then would the phone not answer itself inside your pocket if you accidently touch it when taking it out of your pocket. I cant imagine a knock from your trousers would press the recieve button because as far as I know the touch interface requires a finger to work.

This also goes into other areas of the phone, the mp3 player for example. When using it as an mp3 player, is the device locked? and you have to unlock it to make changes?

Many Thanks.

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

It rings/vibrates (per your setting), the screen shows you who's calling, and at the bottom it says "SLIDE TO ANSWER". Pressing the top button once silents the phone. Pressing the top button twice sends the call to voicemail.

Correct, with the exception that if you're using the included headphones, you can press the mic button on the headset to pause or skip to the next track.

3. ejrizo macrumors 6502

ejrizo

when a call comes in you just "slide to answer"

just as if you were unlocking the phone.

and for anything else you need to unlock to make any changes including the ipod functions.

4. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

ok, where it says slide to unlock, when your receiving a call it says slide to anwser. no u cant do it accidetally because you have to slide it and only human skin can do that. and for the mp3, yes you have to unlock it and then the ipod screen is right there and u can do w.e u want

5. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

WOAH.

i had no idea about this feature, thanks so much! brilliant.

6. Sevv thread starter macrumors member

Excellent, very helpful, thats exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks a lot everyone!