iPhone question should i buy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Camoischaos, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Camoischaos macrumors member

Okay so i was wondering how much is the iPhone worth the money? I have a Motorola Q but its almost 4 years old and some buttons dont exist and other buttons do stuff they arent supposed to do. I recently got a job (im 18) that works with my school times so i was wondering should i buy an iPhone? Also how much would the bill be with minimum minutes unlimited text and data (estimate is fine). I went into the cingular store and the worker there was umm not helpful ill just say. I would drive to the Apple store but its 30 min away. So yeah should i get one yay or nay? I want it for the fact i wont have to carry an iPod anymore and also i would have internet all the time (which is always nice).

Thank you.

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

The value of any device is in the eye of the beholder. For that reason, it's hard (if not impossible) for any of us to answer that question for you.

The cheapest iPhone plan with 450 minutes (+5,000 night/weekend), unlimited data, and unlimited text messages will be $90/month plus applicable taxes and fees.

3. Camoischaos thread starter macrumors member

I understand what you mean. 90 bucks though thats nuts. Gah but its tempting to get it but then again 90 bucks a month in my opinion isnt worth internet and texting when i can go on the internet at home which is faster and cheaper =/. Who knows though :confused:

4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

It breaks down like this...

+ $40 for the minute plan
    + $30 for unlimited data
    + $20 for unlimited text
    = $90/month

I know it seems like a lot, but those prices reflect the industry standard in the US.

5. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

It is a lot of money. Unless you can truly afford it, I would not buy one. Honestly, you would be much better off with a basic phone that comes with a good text messaging plan.