iPhone Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hustle, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Hustle macrumors 6502a

I sold my iPhone a month or so ago, in preperation for the 3G iPhone. Two weeks ago, my school announced they're paying for me and 4 other students to go to World Youth Day in Australia to represent the school and area, and I don't think I can go two whole weeks without an iPod/iPhone etc, so i've decided to just buy one of the old iPhones of eBay and keep it until a 32GB 3G iPhone is released, or until 3rd generation iPhone....

I'm leaving for Australia on July 9th (Just in time to miss the iPhone 3g),,,

My question is shal I buy the iPhone now, or leave it as late as possible, in hope the prices will drop closer to the 3G release, as the iPhones on eBay UK are still £200-£250 for an 8GB used... new ones are going for more then £250.

2. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Wow, congrats! Anyways, I think you could find one for pretty cheap on ebay right now, and some people are speculating that the old ones will actually increase in price due to the 3g one being hard to unlock. I don;t really know how different the market in two weeks will be but definitely look in the marketplace here a lot. Sorry I was not much of a help but good luck!

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Buy one on eBay, though prices most certainly will go up even now. Congrats on you trip downunder to the Big Pond! :p

4. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

sick, world youth day. have fun with the pope.

anyways if you are that desperate for an iphone just buy one in australia. otherwise you shouldn't have jumped the gun to early.

5. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

I can't buy one in Australia. The current ones are not sold there and the 3G ones will require a contract.

6. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Is it going to cost you a fortune to use it in Australia? Just something to think about....

7. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'll add o2 bolt ons onto my o2 contract, which will allow me to use it a little over the two weeks.

8. theGAPkid macrumors regular

Wow - Australia? thats well good.

In addition to OP's question, (sorry to semi-hijack :eek:) How much would you expect to currently pay for an iPhone at present?

Im looking for one, but don't want to be ripped off :confused: