IPhone Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johnnyi, Jun 27, 2008.

1. johnnyi macrumors regular

I have a question.If i were to take out the IPhone contract and apple release an IPhone 8 months into the 18 month contract, Would I be able to upgrade to the new IPhone at no extra charge or would I have to Buy it ?.

Sorry one more question. What are roaming rates ? it says reduced roaming rates on the 02 website.

Many thanks

Johnny

Excuse to bad english

2. philgilder macrumors 68000

you still have to buy it

from o2 tariff page:
    Using iPhone abroad
    Downloading 1MB of data in an EU country will cost £3 and the same amount of data in a non EU country will cost £6. We recommend that if you love using your iPhone for surfing the internet/checking your emails in the UK and want to use it frequently when you are abroad that you add one of our Data Abroad Bolt Ons

3. johnnyi thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks alot for that. You say that you still have to buy is it at a reduced rate though ?

An what does roaming actually cover. Would I be able to view my emails and use google earth check the weather.Use Gps and would not cost me anything extra abroad.

Many thanks

Johnny

4. philgilder macrumors 68000

no, its not. same price for everyone
    http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone/existingiphonecustomers

well, email, google maps and weather all download data so you would pay roaming rates for that. gps does not cost money, although data is downloaded into google maps to show where you are, and this data download will cost money

5. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

I think it would be the same as any other subsidized phone. Once you get a phone at a subsidized rate and renew your contract you cannot get another phone at a subsidized rate until you re eligible.
    I think 8 months is too soon, therefore you wouldn't be eligible for a subsidized rate therefore would have to pay full price for the phone.

6. philgilder macrumors 68000

from the link i posted, regarding existing customers:
    Best of all, the new 8GB iPhone 3G won't cost you a penny on our £45 and £75 Pay Monthly tariffs for iPhone. And it's just £99 on our £35 tariff and new £30 tariff. This special early upgrade offer is only available online at o2.co.uk anytime from 11th July until 11th October 2008