iPhone Questions - WPA2, .Mac Sync

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zathu, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Zathu macrumors regular

Zathu

Hey guys, I'm getting an iPhone soon but I had two questions first I was hoping someone could answer so I can prepare some things.

1) Does iPhone WIFI support WPA2 PSK encryption?
    2) Does the iPhone fully sync with .Mac calendar and contacts?

Thanks!

2. angrygolfer macrumors 6502

The iPhone does not sync directly with .Mac calendar and contacts (no way that I can see anyway). Yes it supports WPA2 PSK

3. Zathu thread starter macrumors regular

Zathu

No calendar/contact sync? That's too bad.. I'm coming from an exchange account on a Windows Mobile phone which I realize in comparison is nearly useless on the iPhone, I was hoping I could use .Mac as a replacement. Is there any sort of third party app or whatnot at all that syncs Calendar and Contacts with the web (Google, Yahoo, or something)?

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

It syncs with the address book and iCal on your machine. If you have .mac you can also sync that with your machines address book and ical. So yes, you can keep all three (iphone, computer, .mac) in sync.

5. Zathu thread starter macrumors regular

Zathu

Thanks, I'll have to think about what I'm going to do.

One other thing, as far as rate plans, is it possible to add unlimited M2M texts to the iPhone data plan? I don't see much info on how to extend SMS past 200. I use around 700 SMS a month, over 500 of that being M2M. Currently I have a Media Max with unlimited M2M and it saves me a lot of money.. If I could just add the "Unlimited M2M Messages" for $4.99 like I remember seeing the option for on regular phones, that would do it for me, but the question is would I be able to do that with an iPhone?

6. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Yes.

1500 = + $10
    Unlimited = + $20

Go here:

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/specials/iPhoneCenter.html