iPhone questions (yes you've probably heard it all before)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nick9191, Apr 20, 2008.

1. nick9191 macrumors 68040

I should start by saying that I looked at the FAQ in this iPhone forum, and I searched but I really didn't know what keywords to search on. I had a look through the recent threads but nitto.

So I'm thinking about selling my iPod Touch, 8gb. I then want to buy an iphone. I heard that with quidco I could get the iPhone for just £69 (£169 on the CPWH store plus £100 back). If not I will still have an iPhone for free. I then want to use ZiPhone on it (or would pwnage be better?)

I have a Virgin Pay as you go sim card to use (will this work?) Don't need to use EDGE so no problem, (although just for arguments sake would it work? Would it just deduct money off my sim etc.) And I don't care about 3G + the price will go back to normal on release of the 3G version.

Is it just as simple as that, don't need to enter into any contract when I buy the phone? I understand it does that when you set it up in iTunes. So how would I get around doing that? Just use ZiPhone before opening iTunes?

2. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

AFAIK the Quidco discount you only get once you've signed up on contract.

Edit:
    "Our product offering online is excellent and we stock only the latest and most in demand phones on the market. We offer fantastic MMS enabled phones all with FREE text messaging* and GPRS. Our range of phones are sure to please even the most discerning customer. £35 - iPhone Exclusive to O2

For genuine tracked transactions completed wholly online, you can earn:
    £50 for SIM only products
    £100 for Pay Monthly (Contract) (single commission per order basis)
    £10 for Pay-As-You-Go (single commission per order basis) "

"2 have dropped the price on the 8GB model £100 today from £269 to £169. To top this up we’ve got huge o2 cashback right now with £100 Quidco cashback - this only runs for another 5 days though!

The rumour is that Apple may be coming out with a 3G version in a month or two which is why there is price cutting happening now. However if you don’t care about waiting for a 3G version then we’d say jump on this deal now! Please note that o2 takes a 2-3 days to track in so please don’t panic if you don’t see the cashback show on your Quidco account right away!"

Also, any previous gen iPhones will drop in resale value i'd imagine come June. The quidco deal ends tomorrow.

3. nick9191 thread starter macrumors 68040

It says on the site you only get the £100 if the contract is activated.

4. jontucker macrumors 6502

Also, the £100 deal only applies to O2, not CPW. Look on the quidco website, CPW has a deal of its own but its not as good. 5% or £60 I think it is...

5. Spud1 macrumors member

As others have said - only applies if you take out the 18month contract, so if you unlock + jailbreak you won't get this, sorry.

Stay clear of ZiPhone - pwnage is much better :) Or if you are stuck with windows only, take a look at iLiberty+, it is also better than ziphone, and more windows friendly than pwnage :)

Once unlocked your Virgin PAYG sim will work just fine, and if you can get the GPRS settings for virgin (just google :) ) you will have a data connection without problem. It will be expensive on PAYG though, so just be careful with how much you spend.

Yes it is just as simple as that; follow a tutorial for using pwnage or iLiberty, unlock and then you can connect to iTunes as normal.

Enjoy your new phone :)

6. nick9191 thread starter macrumors 68040