iPhone Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by coverland, Mar 24, 2013.

1. coverland macrumors newbie

Hi, a few questions from a newbie on my iphone 5 :)

When replying to a text where others have been placed on the distribution list, how do I narrow that list with a reply versus 'reply to all'? I've only really noticed this issue on an iphone and before I got mine, found it annoying. I don't want to reply to all usually.

Also, how do I remove the signature line "sent from iphone 5" and just have nothing at all as a signature?

One other nuisance I've noticed, sometimes I can press (tap) on an icon numerous times and nothing happens. sometimes I press the 'home' button (round button at bottom of phone) and then go back and the icon opens and other times, I need to turn the phone off and then back on before the icon will 'tap' open. Pretty annoying.

TIA

2. erichess22 macrumors regular

Not sure on the first one but to get rid of email signature: Settings -> mail,contacts,calendars ->(scroll to near bottom) signature.
    For the app problem, is that happen with all apps or just certain ones?

3. coverland, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013

coverland thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the pointer on the signature. Initially, the screen only seemed to ignore the tap when trying to use the camera. I quickly turned the phone off and then back on and it worked fine. Today I was attempting to close apps not being used though and after all icons were doing the jitter, the screen would ignore my attempts to 'tap' them closed.

----------

Another question I have is on ringtones if there are any experts about. How come even after I've successfully converted mp3 files to m4r files and gotten them to show in top left of Itunes under 'Library' and more center mid when my phone is plugged in as a 'Device', they still don't show up as usable ringtones on my phone? On my phone, when viewed through Itunes as a 'Device' in center left pane, they're in a folder with a cog gear in front of it called 'Recently Added' but otherwise, would seem to be present. Again though, when I go to change something like the sound a Facebook post makes, any of my own custom ringtones don't show up. Pretty baffling.

4. erichess22 macrumors regular

Sometimes its hard to just hit the little cross in the corner of the apps to close them. You can't just tap anywhere on the app to close them.

5. coverland thread starter macrumors newbie

That is one area where so far, I like MS Windows much better - the red close box for a program is pretty well identified with Windows. Thanks again.

6. erichess22 macrumors regular

No problem. :)