iPhone questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hustle, Sep 19, 2007.

  1. Hustle macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2007
    Location:
    USA
    #1
    Hi. I'm from the UK and have some questions about the iPhone, as i'm going to buy one in November when they're released.

    1) What is the difference between Edge and GPRS and whats the speed difference between them?.

    2) I heard theres only 30% Edge coverage when the iPhones released in the UK, does this mean i can't use the unlimited data/surfing the web the other 70%?.

    3) Am i likely to get a bill for more then £35, like i do currently, because theres always charges for VAT and extra charges (I haven't a clue what they're for)?.

    4) Does the buzz were off after a week of owning one (i'm so excited at the moment, i don't want a month of excitement and waiting to turn to crap after a week of owning it, lol)?.

    5) Can i connect the iPhone to my own wireless netgear router at my house?.

    6) I have one of those The Cloud wifi spots 0.2KM (0.1m) from my house, around the corner at a pub, will i be able to connect from that from my house or is it the same wifi distance as the normal wifi's.

    7) Will The Cloud charge you £6 a month to use their wireless, or is it free?, as on there website, it seas they charge. http://www.thecloud.net/page/21/For-you/Cloud-Unlimited/Cloud-Unlimited

    Thanks
     
  2. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2007
    Location:
    USA
  3. question fear macrumors 68020

    question fear

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2003
    Location:
    The "Garden" state
    #3
    Hope this helps.
     
  4. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2007
    Location:
    USA
    #4
    Thanks. I can't wait for the iPhone. I really want one. Everyones saying how the price is crap and its not worth it, but i think it is, so i'm going to get one. I hope i'm not the only Brit on here thats going to get a genuine iPhone and pay the £35 a month instead of getting an import and unlocking it.
     
  5. gceo macrumors 6502a

    gceo

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2007
    Location:
    San Diego, CA
    #5
    4) Not at all. I'm actually surprised by this. Every other gadget has lost it's allure after that amount of time. But 2 months into the iPhone, she's still as attractive as ever.
     
  6. bumfilter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2004
  7. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2007
    Location:
    USA
    #7
    Thank you for all your replies. I can't wait to get an iPhone. :)
     

Share This Page