iPhone Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by studentmac, Oct 5, 2007.

1. studentmac macrumors regular

Being a UK resident I haven't yet had the pleasure of playing with an iphone, my first chance will be when I buy one in November. However I have a bit of a random question.

When I watch videos of people browsing through the iphone, they use the home button to navigate back to the home screen and open another application, eg, playing a song, then pressing the home button and starting safari.

Is there anyway of closing applications to stop the phone slowing down (does it even slow down?), or is the operating system designed so that applications don't close, and stay open constantly?

Thanks

2. ventro macrumors 6502a

there is a way to do it (see the finger tips on apple.com) but it is only meant if your app has stopped responding.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

That's how it works.

If you're in an application, if you press and hold the HOME key for ~5 seconds, it will close the application.

I've had my phone slow down a few times, but it was nothing that I could definitely say had anything to do with the number of applications open at the time.

Good point. After watching the "how to use the iPhone" videos on apple.com, when I finally got my hands on one, it felt like I already knew how to use it. They cover a lot of stuff in 'em! :)

4. studentmac thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the fast replies! Im glad thats the case, as keeping all applications open seems the best option.

Cant wait to get my hands on one now!

5. studentmac thread starter macrumors regular

Just one more thing (saves creating another thread)...

When you activate the iphone through itunes, does the billing information come from your itunes account? Reason I ask is, I will be paying for my contract with a different card, so will I need to change my card info in my apple account before activating?

Thanks again.

6. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

i'm feeling a bit like that, my girlfriends pal was up for dinner and i was talking about the phone(as usual) she asked what was so special about it, it was as if i had the thing in my hands. the is how you make a call, this is how you text, this is the browser. Then i looked at my crappy Motorola razr and wished it was 9th Nov.

7. aristobrat macrumors G4

With the AT&T iPhone activation process, it didn't seem like anything from my iTunes account was involved.

iTunes walks you through the activation wizard, during which AT&T asks you your billing information.