iphone quirks :-/

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mac000, Oct 25, 2007.

1. mac000 macrumors 6502a

here is a place to talk about quirks while using the iPhone and maybe we can help each other solve them.

Here are mine.. Ocasionally the "play" button will pop up on my toolbar and I'm not using the iPod. Another thing, when I txt "oh" is never recognized and wants to be "on".. Is there a custom dictionary on here?

2. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

I noticed that too. My play button in the menu is sometimes lit blue and there's nothing playing.

Also for some reason Safari just crashes on me while doing nothing other than scrolling lightly through a thread. The page isn't loading, images aren't loading etc. It just decides to quit on me .. its odd.

3. Tsuius macrumors regular

I think the play button with no music is a 1.1.1 issue. Never happened in 1.0.2

4. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

the play button is a bug.

to fix oh instead of using on. just keep correcting to oh. i believe it will eventually change over after a certain amount of times.

5. TyWahn macrumors 6502

TyWahn

The play button was a new thing after 1.1.1 on both our iPhones.
    But it is more ... there is actually something going on with the processor and the phone will get warm and the battery will drain if left alone. I just start something on the ipod then stop it and that works every time.

6. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

well not sure if this is a quirk or not but my Apple BT headset is becoming a pain.

Everytime you charge it, it naturally goes into charge mode so it's not really paired. You can't make calls on it. After charging I can't sync it by hitting the BT button. (sometimes works, rarely). I have to go into the iPhone settings and hit unpair. then reboot the BT piece. then pair again.

7. mrJnC macrumors regular

I find this one periodically frustrating

If you have Safari in landscape mode, and attempt to edit a field (not the URL) with the text magnifying glass, the magnifying glass goes off the screen to the point where you can't see the zoomed text or the cursor insertion point.

The "solution", of course, is to rotate to portrait mode but it is still an interface quirk.

8. Juvenile macrumors member

Cannot type certain names...

I cannot type in my email username "jjjuve" in most applications (notes, safari etc). When it gets to the "V", you can only type in the letters around it("C" and "B"). Then you have to backspace to type the "V".....But this has been documented in other cases before.

9. dodonutter macrumors regular

I noticed this playing around on the iPod touch in the apple store and i thought an elegant solution would be to have the magnifying glas rotate round your finger when it hits the top of the screen to one side or the other like your pushing it into a wall. In fact i sort of expected it to do this and was surprised apple hadn't done it. They are usually very good with the little things like that. Like all the things in OS X that make you go "oooo, that's clever"

10. lanray macrumors regular

In a way, it's good to hear that other people have weird iPhone experiences. Not that I wish anyone HAD to deal with these things.

My iPhone used to pretend like it couldn't connect with busy numbers. So, it would just disconnect and not let me know it was busy. Sometimes it used to mix up the alphabet in my address book, putting names under the wrong letter. A few times, the speaker actually stopped working for the iPod, and at the same time, the earpiece of the phone wouldn't work so I had to use speakerphone (which was always too quiet). I got a replacement a few days ago, and so far so good.

11. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

When I'm in Safari, and I open a new page by clicking on a link, when I close that page, the referring page changes to the one I opened, and I lose my history.... frustrating.