iPhone Random Cool Features

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by themiracle, Mar 17, 2009.

1. themiracle macrumors regular

You can sync while using the phone. Apps from iTunes can be installed and music will keep being added while you use the phone. The iPod app crashes for me while it's doing this, though.

Anyone else find anything cool/random?

2. threezero macrumors 6502

when i press sync it exits whenever i have open and proceed to sync. I can cancel it though

3. themiracle thread starter macrumors regular

After the initial setup/backup sequence, it will let you drop into the normal interface. The iPod will also show a screen talking about canceling the sync if it actually comes up. Edit: Actually, I can't seem to get this to work anymore :-/

Also:
    Which I've also stumbled upon.

4. joeshell383 macrumors 6502a

Can you answer my questions about vibrate-then-ring and repeat alerts for missed calls?

5. dustinl4m3 macrumors regular

6. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Odd that nobody has mentioned this yet, but Safari is rendering (pre-rendering?) all/most of pages now. I no longer get the checkerboard pattern when I quickly scroll ... The tradeoff seems to be a little bit of lag/sluggishness when selecting links, opening the bookmarks menu, etc.

7. cbflip2000 macrumors regular

I just tried on engadget.com .i still get that checkboard pattern if i scroll quickly. Although i do notice it does not do it as much as the old firmwares did.

8. themiracle thread starter macrumors regular

It seems like there's a lot of little changes in rendering. A lot of programs, like mail and several other apps, seem to have different parts quickly pop in individually rather than loading the whole page at once with lag.

I'm not seeing either as an option, sorry.

9. threezero macrumors 6502

i dunt think it a feature. I got that to work before a few times, it seems to be a glitch that allows it to work either that or there is a specific sequence of events that needs to happen

10. sd2009 macrumors 6502

I'm back on 2.2.1 but I don't think you can use the phone while syncing.
    I thought they allowed this one time back in an older version, but it was just a bug that let me past the syncing screen while still syncing. Sorry.

11. gottafly macrumors regular

Sweeet!

In Safari, tapping and holding a link now enables you to open link in a new window.

12. taran420 macrumors 6502a

after the 8 page limit is reached, you dont get a popup saying pages are full, instead it loads the link to the first page on safari

13. pcorrado macrumors regular

while I can't speak to 3.0 or anything prior to 2.2.1 - if using a headset you can make calls/answer calls while syncing and this seems to unlock the other features of the phone as well (I have not ever tried an app though)

14. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain