Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChromeCrescendo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2020
iPhone XS Max
iOS 13

A few months ago, my dad was set to pick me up at the airport

He was not responding to my calls or texts

Luckily, I was able to catch him driving by the arrivals area and flagged him down

A few days later, my mom called and told me my dad was trying to text me and I was not responding

I tried troubleshooting and then thought to ask him to check and see if my phone number was blocked on his iPhone -- and, yes, it was (weird)

Over the past few months I have been trying to text some friends and never received responses - I figured they “ghosted” me or were just too busy

Fast forward to an hour ago when I received an email through my business’s website from one of my friends saying he hasn’t heard from me and was wondering if I was ok

So, thinking back to the situation with my dad, I checked to see if somehow my iPhone had randomly blocked how number -- and, yes, it had been

I then proceeded to go through every one of my contacts and about 25% of them had been blocked

I never blocked any of these contacts

How is this possible?

Thank you.

Last edited:

qvickib

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2021
iPhone XS Max
iOS 13

A few months ago, my dad was set to pick me up at the airport

He was not responding to my calls or texts

Luckily, I was able to catch him driving by the arrivals area and flagged him down

A few days later, my mom called and told me my dad was trying to text me and I was not responding

I tried troubleshooting and then thought to ask him to check and see if my phone number was blocked on his iPhone -- and, yes, it was (weird)

Over the past few months I have been trying to text some friends and never received responses - I figured they “ghosted” me or were just too busy

Fast forward to an hour ago when I received an email through my business’s website from one of my friends saying he hasn’t heard from me and was wondering if I was ok

So, thinking back to the situation with my dad, I checked to see if somehow my iPhone had randomly blocked how number -- and, yes, it had been

I then proceeded to go through every one of my contacts and about 25% of them had been blocked

I never blocked any of these contacts

How is this possible?

Thank you.
Did you ever figure this out? I know this is from last year, but it's happening to my mother's phone and nobody seems to have any idea how it's happening...

Thank you!

ChromeCrescendo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2020
Did you ever figure this out? I know this is from last year, but it's happening to my mother's phone and nobody seems to have any idea how it's happening...

Thank you!
I never figured out why it was happening - just had to go through and make sure everyone was unblocked and now, if I don't receive a response to a text for a day or two, I check to see whether that contact was blocked - luckily, they weren't blocked...just ignoring me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.