iPhone Randomly Blocking Calls

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by foxracer627, Jan 6, 2009.

1. foxracer627 macrumors newbie

My iPhone will randomly (this might be caused by something, but I have yet to discover the cause) make all of my incoming calls go straight to my voicemail until I go to my voicemailbox and change the setting for it. It will also not recieve texts during this period. What could be the cause of this and how would I go about fixing this? I am on AT&T with an unlocked and jailbroken 8gb iPhone 3g currently using a Winteroard theme with firmware version 2.0.1 if that helps.

2. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Are you on 3G or EDGE when this happens?

Are you surfing the web at the time?

Just checking, since as you know, the iPhone cannot receive a phone call (or text) while you're actively using data on an EDGE connection.

3. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

Really? I've gotten calls while surfing the web, and using data in other forms while on EDGE. Unless I wasn't actively using the data at the time, although I believe I had been at one point or another while getting a call.

4. patdesignsinc macrumors regular

patdesignsinc

If you're on AT&T, why in the world did you unlock your phone??? I had that same problem with my first gen iPhone after I performed a jailbreak. I was CONSTANTLY having calls routed straight to voicemail, even with full signal, and when the phone was not in use in any way. It was a problem with the jailbreak software I used, I believe. I recently jailbroke my 3g but haven't had any problems. I would try to restore and re-jailbreak. That may be the issue. And if you're using AT&T, don't unlock the phone, that's unnecessary.

5. foxracer627 thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont have the iphone data plan so I only have Wifi. Using Wifi may trigger this, but im not on it when i cant get calls. (Its kind of hard to explain but I tried)

6. foxracer627 thread starter macrumors newbie

I had to get it unlocked because it wasnt activated when i got it.

7. patdesignsinc macrumors regular

patdesignsinc

Oh, you got it second hand. Well, in that case you got what you paid for. You probably got a phone that just doesn't work and the seller was desperate to get rid of it because of this.

8. foxracer627 thread starter macrumors newbie

The iPhone was brand new. I dont want to go into details of how I ended up with the phone but I can tell you that it wasnt exactly legittiment. I had to activate the phone to be able to use it, but because of my circumstances, I could not do this through AT&T. Therefore I paid a cellphone store to jailbreak and unlock the phone so that I could use it. This allows me to keep my current plan and not have to pay for the iPhone plan or have any contracts. Its really a confusing situation.