iPhone randomly freezes after 11.4 upgrade

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by soupcxan, Jun 9, 2018.

1. soupcxan macrumors member

I have an 8+ 256gb. After installing 11.4 last week, the system has become randomly unresponsive. For example, I press the home button and I feel the virtual "click" vibration but the screen doesn't wake up. Same thing for the power button, it freezes and won't respond to it. Other times if I'm at the home screen, it doesn't respond to tapping on icons. Then 10-20 seconds later it acts like it tried to do all of those click actions at one.

It never did this before I installed 11.4, any ideas?

2. mylifeasallison macrumors newbie

mylifeasallison

I’m having the same issue with my iPhone X. It randomly freezes and overheats.

3. shakopeemn, Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018

shakopeemn macrumors newbie

Same here with phone freezing - Just installed 11.4 on a 6. So far, it seems to lock up after using Waze in the car. It's not overheating, as the phone is positioned over an AC vent. I've never had such a disruptive upgrade from Apple.

I did report the issue to Apple https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html.

4. mylifeasallison macrumors newbie

mylifeasallison

I do use Waze but it doesn’t always freeze. It seems to be random. And since I put my phone by the ac it doesn’t overheat when driving.
    There has been several tones when it freezes that I try to put it in recovery mode and end up sending emergency texts.
    I’m about to factory reset to see it it helps.
    I did install the beta version and it seems to help some but not completely