Iphone randomly messed up my MP3s

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tigress666, Mar 6, 2014.

1. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Ok, I have my whole music collection on my iphone (Iphone 5 running almost the latest version of 7 though today it has started telling me there is a new one). Somewhere between the night before last night and last night, something happened and like maybe 50% of my songs got corrupt (I don't know, a lot of them got corrupt or something, it greys them out now and puts a red stop symbol next to them and will quickly skip them if it comes on one when I have it on shuffle). Some are ones I didn't purchase through itunes, some are.

I tried restoring it to my last backup (which was 6 days ago) but that didn't seem to fix the problem.

How do I fix this (or rather what things can I try)? The songs are fine on my computer (old 2010 Macbook pro 13" running Mountain Lion (10.9.1) and my itunes version is (11.1.4, latest far as I know but I could be wrong).

2. tigress666 thread starter macrumors 68040

Well, fixed my issue already. And just cause it's a pet peeve of mine when people post problems like this and never post their fixes (because maybe one day some one will have a similar question), what I did was tell the itunes to not synch my music (of which it insisted that I meant synch the music but only select playlists so when I gave up on trying to get it not to synch it entirely but at least unchecked all playlists) and then had it resynch the music.

And yeah, if it insists on changing your option from having synch music unchecked to having it checked and having selected playlists checked instead and it has a playlist checked, go ahead and uncheck it while it's synching. It'll still synch that playlist but when you synch again it won't try to change your settings that time. Least that's what happened with mine.