iPhone randomly restarts after 4.3 update

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by evanalltogether, Mar 18, 2011.

1. evanalltogether macrumors newbie

So last night I updated my iPhone 3 to 4.3 and now it randomly restarts. It will show up with the apple logo all dim, then the screen and logo will brighten and then it goes to the "slide to unlock" screen like everythings normal. It will just randomly do this throughout the day.

I reset it to factory settings and it still does the same thing. I have since backed it back up though.

So does anyone know how to fix this? Or does anyone have the same problem. I hope Apple comes out with a new patch or update to fix this issue or others as it seems like a lot of people are having issues with the update. Its getting kind of annoying

Thanks a lot.

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Resetting settings, in the phone, is not gonna do much for something like this. You need to restore the phone in iTunes. Restoring from a backup, probably isn't gonna fix it, but you can try that first. If restoring from backup doesn't help, "Restore As New".

3. evanalltogether thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm pretty sure thats what I did. In iTunes i clicked restore under my iPhone and it reset it back to the factory settings. I don't know if there's a more hardcore restore or recovery I can do though.

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Just a quick question...You say that you have an iPhone 3...The 3G hardware DOES NOT support the 4.3 firmware.

5. evanalltogether thread starter macrumors newbie

6. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Well, if you did a"Restore as New" in iTunes, and set it up as a new phone, with no backup, that pretty much eliminates software. Time for a visit to the Genius Bar.